Shop My Instagram

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Wedding Diaries, Training Diaries: Divide and Conquer

Okay so I know posts have been few and far between lately and I do apologize for that. I know I said I would be working on my new website but I have to be honest, I really haven’t gotten much done on that front. Life has kind of gotten in the way. Of course there are the day to day activities like dog walking, cooking, cleaning and working out that take up a lot of my not-at-work time, but it’s really been the extra stuff stealing away much of the rest of the down time.
Chris and I recently had our engagement pictures taken, which was a little hectic in itself, but also really fun. I just received the pictures, which I’m very happy with, but that means it’s time to get busy on save the date cards. If any of you married or soon to be hitched people are familiar with The Knot, you probably know they offer you a free wedding website just for signing up. It’s very basic and user friendly and I thought, what a fantastic idea! It sounded like a great way to get all the information on our wedding we want our guests to know plus much more fun stuff all in one place AND free of charge. Well, don’t get me wrong, it is an awesome concept, but you pay with your time. Once I got started I quickly realized how much thought and effort were going to go into making the website exactly the way I wanted it. The plan is to list the web address of our site on the save the date cards so people can start checking it all out. But that means it has to be finished before the cards go out. So I’ve been working on that a lot lately adding, rearranging and editing. I definitely recommend it for any brides to be though.

The other wedding planning time sucker is planning our registry. It seems really overwhelming at first because it’s like, where do I start? Luckily I have some great friends who have recently been in my position and have offered some advice. I’ve also utilized some checklists from magazines and of course, Pinterest, to see what people normally register for and then tailored the list to what we actually would use. The last thing I want is to just go scan crazy on a bunch of things that will just sit collecting dust that our family and friends wasted their money on. My dad has been most helpful in sourcing out specific products so I’m not stuck guessing which blender to register for. But even with help, this is taking up time otherwise spent blogging.

So, why isn’t Chris helping with this stuff you ask? It’s his wedding too, right? Well, honestly, I don’t really want his help in these departments. He has given me free reign over just about all of the wedding planning and I’m more than okay with that. Sure it means more work for me but I’ve got help whenever I need it from my family and friends. And it’s mostly really exciting! Sure, wedding planning does have some stressfulness to it because there is so much to do and the time really does fly, but hello, I’m getting MARRIED! This is only going to happen once so I’m trying to enjoy it as much as possible. But back to Chris, he’s been using his talents in a completely different way from wedding planning.

I am proud to announce that Chris is now a certified dog trainer. He received his certificate last month and his first order of business is whipping our boys into shape before the holidays. Let me first say that we don’t think our dogs are actually bad or don’t have any manners. On the contrary most people comment that they are very good boys. However, they tend to get very excited going places or when people come to visit and all their polite behavior flies out the window until we can rally them back to listening to us. Chris has been spending a couple hours each day teaching them to be calmer and always respond to commands, no matter what. We realize that Ares is a high energy, wild Boston Terrier and Chaos is a Pit Bull who wants nothing more than to glue himself to people and we don’t want to change that. All we want is for them to cool the jets when something gets exciting instead of turning into jumping beans. Because Chris and I are on opposite schedules he works with the boys in the morning and I take the evening. But I spend a lot less time with it than he does, ya know, because of all the other stuff. I don’t know if boot camp is exactly the right term for it, but the boys are definitely in serious training mode until the end of the year so stay tuned on their progress!

Maybe you’re thinking oh boo hoo you’re busy planning a wedding and dog training, you don’t have problems. I know, I know, we’re all busy. I’m not trying to excuse myself or complain I just want y’all to understand that this is a busy, albeit, exciting time for me and I’m doing my best to keep posting when I can. I also wanted to share that although the furbabies are a giant part of my life, and the sole reason I started this blog, there are other aspects of myself that I rarely mention. I’d like to try and broaden my audience so I think future posts will start including more on fashion and healthy living, 2 things that are also big in my life (have you seen my Pinterest page? haha). So thank you for your continued support and I hope you stick with me because more fun stuff is on the way!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10