Shop My Instagram

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

20 Weeks

Well all of a sudden I am halfway through this pregnancy with a handful of bump photos and no updates in weeks. Sorry second kid! Life has been so busy with a toddler, all the holiday fun and projects out of the wazoo around our house. But now that I have somewhat of a baby bump to show, here's how we've been doing on the pregnancy front. 
This beginning of this pregnancy was much harder than my first. Of course keeping up a toddler tornado all day is exhausting in and of itself but generally I just was more tired and definitely more nauseous this go round. It's still difficult to find something to eat that isn't a 0 on the nutrition scale but sounds good, although so far no outright aversions this time. I craved all things blueberry with Fallon and this time it's Cinnamon! I've been making a strong effort to go for healthy options that thankfully this spice lends itself too....but Cinnamon Toast Crunch still gets me more often than I'd care to admit. And those dang Peppermint Mochas are probably making up the majority of my bump. I do go for the skinny version with almond milk so I justify them several times a week. Right?!

I felt Baby #2 about the same time I had felt Fallon but I was sure of it this time. Once you know what those little movements are you immediately recognize them again. We can fell baby #2 from the outside now and he/she wiggles and kicks so much when big sissy is up against my belly. Fallon has started to understand, in her 16 month old way, that there is a baby in mama's belly. If you ask her and she's of a mind to comply, she will lift my shirt and point and give it a little kiss. I mean c'mon, you're dead inside if you don't find that heart melting. Fallon had an anterior placenta (toward the front instead of the more common position of in the back) but she was so emphatic with her movements I felt all the same. I have a feeling this baby's is in back, which we will get to see in about a week and a half, because although his/her movements are much more gentle than big sis's I feel them prominently. Baby #2 is most active in the evening hours, when mama is trying to fall asleep! But over the last couple weeks he/she has definitely started wiggling more throughout the day. 

We are still solid in our decision to leave the sex a surprise until birth so don't expect a gender reveal after the anatomy scan. I was so unsure of which way to go this time but when my doctor asked at my first OB appointment I answered no we would't find out without hesitation and surprised myself. So I knew that was the right choice and Chris was sold on keeping it old school all along. Bring on all the grey + white again! And speaking of grey + white, we are excited to get started on the new nursery after the holidays. I have some ideas and inspiration I will be sharing here, it seems so much less stressful this time around for some reason. I guess maybe because I know a little bit more about what to expect with a newborn. 

Other than those pesky pregnancy aches and pains, little annoyances like heartburn and food losing it's appeal, I am feeling pretty dang good. I'm in that second trimester honeymoon phase with a little bump that all baby (okay and maybe some peppermint mochas) instead of bloat and isn't in the way yet, have some energy back and no longer wake up feeling hung over without the fun night before. I'm not really nervous about having another baby yet or stressed about navigating life as a mom of 2 under 2 (for a little while) and just really feeling excited and grateful to be carrying another child. 

I promise not to wait so long for the next update! Love you baby 2, even if I sometimes forget you're in there until you say hi with your feet. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10