Shop My Instagram

Monday, October 15, 2018

Fall Home Tour


I'm just another fall loving basic white girl, and I'm totally okay with that. So it's no surprise that there are pumpkins and mums on my front porch, buffalo plaid pillows on my couch and pumpkin spice in my coffee. But seasonal decorating actually has been a bit less fun and more stressful since having kids and I simply mean that I just don't have that much time for it. So this year I've gone much more minimal with my decor than years past. Less time, less stress, less money. More fun! And, as it turns out, I actually love the less is more thing.


I started early, went through everything I already had and bought very few new things, with purpose. It was so helpful to me to put out what I wanted to use then only buy things with a specific spot to put them in mind. This worked out much better than my usual approach of going nuts on everything I like and trying to stuff it all in my house later. It was fun to use my open kitchen shelving to add decor with things we actually use like cups and bowls. And simply putting a pumpkin or fake bats pretty much anywhere suddenly makes it look like fall! 


I decided to stay classic with mostly orange, black and white and that helped to streamline the decor throughout my house. And I didn't worry about differentiating between "fall" and "halloween". Halloween is my most favorite holiday and Fallon is really getting into it this year too so we just went a little fall and a little spooky from the beginning. And after the 31st I'll just ditch the bats and probably keep the rest until after Thanksgiving. Make your own rules!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10