Shop My Instagram

Monday, September 8, 2014

The New Ruff Life

Although I’ve grown up in a technological world, for the most part, technology and I don’t always get along. I can navigate the devices I use on a regular basis like my iPhone, laptop and the Xbox (the watch Netflix), but getting fancy with any of it is generally over my head. Sure, I can download apps, e-mail, create Word documents and Excel files, watch Netflix and blog. These are pretty standard skills for someone my age in today’s society. But when I recently decided to create my own webpage, technology took on a whole new meaning.
 

Blogger has been a great place to begin my little blog because I had no idea what I was doing. But they take out all the guesswork and need for any real web skills. You just put the information or pictures in the fields, size them and save. That’s it. Yes, there are many bloggers using Blogger who have gone far beyond the simple templates and minimal add-ons that I’ve been able to do. But the more I’ve learned about blogging, the more I wanted to have my very own site.
 
After thoroughly researching “how to create your own website” I was thoroughly confused. Buy a domain, sign up for a web host, link the nameservers. Huh? I spent a lot of time looking up terms before I could even begin to try and understand the entire concepts. But finally I got the gist of getting started, and along with the much appreciated help of a very good friend, I’m now on my way to becoming a webmaster. Okay, not really but it sounds cool.
 
That being said, I’m still learning and it is going to take some time to get my new site up and running. I will continue to post here on Blogger but I can’t promise any more than 1 post a week. It is all in the name of creating a new site that I hope you will all enjoy. Don’t worry, I’m not changing or quitting The Ruff Life, I’m just eventually going to move it to a new home. Once everything is ready to launch on the new site, I will post about the transition.
Over the past 8 months this blog has become very important to me. It started out as something that sounded fun, and it is, but it has also turned into something bigger than I ever imagined. And that is why I’ve made the decision to upgrade.
Maybe for you techies out there you think creating a new website is a piece of cake. Well, I think busting out a 5 page essay is a piece of cake. But technology isn’t quite my thing so it could take a few months for me to get the hang of this new website venture. Hopefully I can get the site up and running soon, but in the meantime, try to be patient and hang in there with me.
The furbabies can’t wait to debut their improved blog. They work so hard inspiring posts and enduring my iPhone constantly in their faces. They certainly have a ruff life.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10