Shop My Instagram

Monday, May 12, 2014

Sleepy Sunday 5-11-14: Mother's Day

I’d like to extend a belated Happy Mother’s Day to all the wonderful mothers out there. And yes, that includes all of you mothers whose children aren’t human. Mothers are such important people in our lives and I hope you all had a fantastic time celebrating yesterday.


It rained in the morning but the storm gave way to what turned out to be a beautiful Sunday here in NKY. Chris and I had to make a trip over to the hospital to visit his Grandpa and of course give Grandma some flowers. It is amazing how much some colorful flowers can brighten up a hospital room, especially since Grandpa is getting better. Grandma is a very special lady in Chris’s life and now that he’s agreed to share her with me, I get the privilege to have her in my life too. Grandmas have so much wisdom and understanding to share!

After leaving the hospital we went home and picked up Ares and Chaos and drove over to my parent’s house for a grill out. Ares and Chaos love when they get to go and wait anxiously by the door when we ask if they are ready to go see their Grandma and Grandpa. Sorry mom, I don’t what else to call you when I’m talking to them!


We spent time sitting outside on the deck and enjoying the nice weather. My parents have the old baby gates we used to use when the boys were puppies so we used them to block off the deck. We are afraid without them Ares will be too curious and take off on an adventure. Last time we tried blocking off the stairs with chairs but he managed to wiggle himself through them and ran down into the yard to relieve himself. I’m pretty sure if he did run off he’d do a lap around the neighborhood looking for new fans for his club and then come back, but we won’t take that chance. We don’t even worry about Chaos. He could hop right over the gate but we know he never will. Remember, he’s my Pit Bull shaped shadow.

 


It was nice to just spend time together talking about wedding plans, watching Ares and Chaos play together and giving mom her present of course. When I was thinking of what to get her I was listing all the things she likes and likes to do. And all of a sudden it was quite obvious what to get her. My mom is probably the biggest Cincinnati Reds baseball fan I know and until yesterday, she didn’t even have a Reds T-shirt. So that’s what we got her: A cool Reds T-shirt, a Reds Tervis tumbler and a bottle of white wine. I told my dad the first time she wears it to watch a game he has to send me a picture.



  
When we got home everyone was exhausted from a great day. We spent a little cuddle time on the couch and then it was time for everyone to go to bed. As I was rounding them up I took a minute to give each of the furbabies some extra kisses and hugs. They are so much more than domestic pets, they are a huge part of the family. I love each of them equally but appreciate them for their different qualities. I absolutely love being a furbaby mama and hope to one day also give them some human siblings. Thank you to all the mamas out there of both human and furry children for everything you do and for giving your kids so much of yourselves. We don’t know what we’d do without you.  



 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10