Shop My Instagram

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Sleepy Sunday 5-4-14: Wedding Weekend Part 1

If you follow the blog regularly, you’ve probably noticed I haven’t been posting as often as I was there for a while. I’ve been very busy with this wonderful wedding season and although it’s exciting and fun, it’s also taking up a lot of time. I am starting to understand this whole Bridezilla concept a little better now that I’ve been so up close to the whole wedding process. There are a range of emotions flying around from happy to anxious to stressed out to excited to exhausted. I witnessed and felt all of these over this past weekend.



We had a family wedding that took place on Saturday that Chris and I were both lucky enough to be part of. Thursday night was the rehearsal and dinner so the boys didn’t get their usual walk. But they were fine with it because it suddenly got very chilly that night. Friday was warmer and we hoped Saturday would be beautiful for the outdoor ceremony. We all got our wish and the warm, sunny weather appeared Saturday morning and lasted all day. It was a wedding like I’ve never been before complete with touches of camouflage, boots, a tree stump for the guests to sign and the bride’s surprising entrance down the aisle on a tractor.




























I was up early and gone all day Saturday getting ready with the girls so Chris was left in charge of the dog walking. When I asked the boys if mommy walks them better by herself or daddy, they were in agreement that I am much more fun. Okay, so maybe I made that up. As silly as it sounds, I did miss seeing their faces all day so I imagined they were missing me too. It’s a good thing they weren’t invited to the wedding though because hot dogs were on the dinner buffet and I can only envision the things my boys would have done to get them.

 

Sunday was only partly sleepy for Chris and I because we had some important wedding business of our own to attend to. We met up with my parents to check out venues and to our pleasant surprise, we were able to set the date and book the venue. I didn’t expect to fall in love with the first place we looked, but if that’s any indication of how the rest of the wedding planning will go, I’m psyched!




We celebrated with a stop at DQ for a confetti cake waffle cone for me and a strawberry shortcake blizzard for Chris. Then we headed home to tell our furballs the good news. Somehow they didn’t seem as thrilled as I was but I’m chalking it up to them fully taking advantage of sleepy Sunday. I haven’t broken the news to Ares and Chaos that they won’t  be attending the wedding yet, but I’m pretty sure they will be okay with it as long as they get to pose for some pictures.


 

We hope your weekend was as fun as ours!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10