Shop My Instagram

Monday, February 9, 2015

Sleepy Sunday 2-08-15 & The Wedding Diaries

We are less than 4 months away from the wedding and planning has kicked back into high gear. I knew a busy weekend was ahead so I told myself Friday night I would just keep it low key and hang out at home with the furbabies. After our afternoon walk and dinner I sat down to watch TV but got antsy so I ended up cleaning my kitchen including wiping out the microwave. When I did come back into the living room to sit down I caught a rare moment on camera of Princess Piper hanging on the couch with her brothers. Her face shows her horror when she realized she had been seen.


Saturday morning we headed out for our walk and then Chris and I went out to look at wedding bands. Our plan was just to look but we ended up each finding what we wanted and pretty quickly too. Chris will really only being wearing his ring on the day of the wedding and maybe special occasions because he’s not a jewelry person and it would be dangerous anyway with his job. I will wear mine daily with my engagement ring so I felt like it was okay to spend more money on it. We actually spent a longer time talking about dogs with our salesmen than it took to pick our rings! It had warmed up so much by the time we were finished we decided to make a trip to the park.


We weren’t home for very long in the afternoon because we had a meeting that evening at our wedding venue to discuss lots of important details for the big day. Both my parents and my soon to be mother-in-law met up with us to make sure we didn’t forget anything. We were able to outline a schedule of events and set the menu and bar options so it was a big success. The Syndicate could not have been more helpful and accommodating of our ideas. They even made us up a sample signature drink and some sliders to munch on. We headed out for dinner at Barleycorns afterward and I had delicious stuffed mushrooms. Kentucky ended up beating Florida too so it was the icing on the cake for the night.




Sunday morning I went to the grocery and something pretty funny happened. I mentioned last week that I’ve been noticing a lot of the young females are dressed pretty snazzy to grocery shop on the weekends. As I turned down the aisle with the beans there was a girl in a skirt and heels, hair fixed and the works. And then there’s me behind her in my printed leggings, oversized sweatshirt and boots which could quite possibly come across as pajamas. A young, good looking guy started heading down the aisle toward us and I saw miss fancy pants looking at him. Well he blew right by her without so much as a glance, stopped in front of me and said, “I love your leggings, those are killer.” I thanked him because he seemed sincere about it and then he went on his way and fancy pants glared me and took off. By my account the score is leggings:1 heels:0.



The afternoon got pretty intense because Chris was trying to do some patching on the walls and baseboard painting and I was trying to stage the rooms for pictures. We plan to put the condo up for sale soon so that we can hopefully buy a house later this summer. Strictly by luck it came up in a conversation with a wedding vendor that her son is moving back to the area and will be looking for a condo. I promised to send pictures but once I got down to the business of taking them I realized how much work it was going to be. These are also the pictures we would use to market the place so they had to be the best they could be. This means making your place look “ready to live in but not lived in”. Yea, that’s a lot harder than I thought it would be. Basically I had go into a room and remove anything that appeared to be out of place and straighten up without making it look stark. We do try to keep things fairly organized, but once I started taking pictures it was clear I was going to just have to start moving things to other rooms or hiding them. So I spent a good couple hours moving things around and staging each room to take pictures that would translate to “this place was made for you”. I have to say it was pretty exhausting.


In the evening we took a break to watch our shows and hang with the furballs and then I made us up a batch of Monster Mash. There isn’t an official recipe, it’s just a snack mix you can really use anything to make. In my case it was a mash up of things I wanted to use that we had in our pantry. I didn’t even measure anything, I just tossed in what I wanted. Here’s how to make it and what I used:

Cereal  (I used PB Captain Crunch)
Mini Marshmallows
Pretzels
Nuts (I used raw cashews)
Chocolate chips
Sprinkles
Vanilla candy coating (Kroger brand)

Roll out a long sheet of foil. Use your best judgment based on how much you plan to make. Then add a second piece the same length next to it. Mix everything aside from the candy coating in a bowl and then pour it out down the middle of the foil. Melt the candy coating according to instructions and drizzle it over the ingredients. Use a fork or spoon to gently spread the coating evenly and then let it set. Toss it all in a bag and you’ve got a delicious and portable snack. It’s not remotely healthy but my sweet tooth flared up last night. Of course I ate as I was making it so by the time I was done I had my fill.




Just in case you’re interested, you can find some details and fun facts about Chris and I and our wedding over on our wedding website.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10