Shop My Instagram

Friday, February 13, 2015

Valentine's Day Eve

I'm not sure if Piper has just been feeling some Valentine's Day love the past week or if the boys have finally cracked her. Last night I was watching Grey's Anatomy on the couch with Ares and Chaos and Little O joined in. All of a sudden I looked over and there was Piper laying behind Chaos. It was fun to have all the kids on the couch with me but I just couldn't believe my little diva girl was hanging with all the boys.


This afternoon I ran over to Target on my lunch break and scooped up some goodies for our wedding gifts. Since there is a Starbucks inside I treated myself to my beloved skinny vanilla latte while I shopped. I also ran across the cutest little dip bowls on sale and couldn't pass them up. Even though it was cold the sun was out and I was a happy girl with my coffee and my Target purchases. 


Chris and I aren't normally big into Valentine's Day but since it's on a Saturday this year I decided I would make it special with a homemade breakfast. We eat a lot of strawberries and raspberries and because they are the color of he holiday I picked some up to make pancakes in the morning. I found out that my orange kitty has a bit of a sweet tooth when he ran off with a strawberry as I was chopping them over the weekend. You can see him eyeing these ones tonight but I was on alert to make sure the strawberry thief didn't strike again. 



Last night I made a pasta salad and posted a picture on Instagram. A friend of mine asked for the recipe so as promised, here it is.



2 Tbsp of olive oil
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 zucchini squash, quartered
1 small container of baby bella mushrooms
Garlic salt, sea salt, black pepper & onion powder to taste
1/2 box of pasta of your choice

In a plastic bag or container add all the veggies, olive oil and spices and shake to coat. Cook the veggies over medium/high heat until tender while the pasta is boiling. Drain the pasta and combine with the veggies in a bowl. Easy peasy. 



Happy Valentine's Day Eve!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10