Shop My Instagram

Monday, April 3, 2017

With A Baby On My Hip

I stand barefooted in my own front yard with a baby on my hip. If you're not familiar, that's a line from the country song "Redneck Woman" by Gretchen Wilson. And I wouldn't say I'm a redneck woman but the song immediately came to mind when I sat down to write this post so just go with it. When I found out I was pregnant and due in July I had visions of standing barefooted in own front yard with a baby on my hip. I didn't foresee all the other things I'd be doing with a baby on my hip. 

I'd probably be typing this with one hand without the magic of baby wearing and sleep training. But because sometimes nothing will do but her favorite perch, I have not only learned to do many things with hand and a baby on my hip but I've mastered them. Yes people, I have a super power. And I bet you do too. So just for fun, because moms need to have a little fun too, let's list off all the things we can do in sentences that end "with a baby on my hip". When you feel like you're failing at everything, and please tell me we all have those days, then you'll have this mile long list to remind yourself that you actually are a supermom. 


I can

Make food
Eat
Nurse
Brush my teeth
Feed the furballs
Walk the dog
Put on make-up
Brush my hair
Carry a full laundry basket
Clean
Pay bills
Write e-mails
Dance
Do squats
Take pictures
Send text
Push a shopping cart
Put groceries away
Make the bed

And most importantly

Drink coffee/wine/beer/margs

With a baby on my hip

What can you do with a baby on your hip?



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10