Shop My Instagram

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Packing The Pool Bag

Summer has officially begun and I don't think I've been this excited about it since I was a kid. Having a baby I can do all the fun summer things with has me giving this season all the heart eyes. We joined our local swim club and it's my first time packing for the pool with my own kid. So the first couple trips were a a chaotic mess of me running around finding things I thought I'd need and trying to shove them into multiple bags. But after a few weeks of trial and error and buying a bag strictly for the pool, I think we have it down. Now my bag sits mostly packed and ready to go, just the way I like it. So I thought it might be helpful to pass on my ways of wisdom. Kidding. I am still totally winging it. But here's what's in my pool bag and where you can find it.


I planned to get a fully water-resistant wipeable bag with lots of pockets. But then I saw this adorable straw bag at Target and the pom poms were just calling my name. It has no pockets so I took my friend's genius suggestion to use my bag organizer and it's been working like a dream. There is plenty of room for our smaller essentials like sunscreen, wipes, swim diapers, lip balm, sunglasses and Fallon's snack container in all the pockets. I also bring a regular diaper and change of clothes for baby girl in case she falls asleep on the way home. I wipe her down with a full body wipe and toss her bathing suit into a little plastic bag. I can still easily fit a few pool toys + our Gathre mat (for concrete picnics), towels, blanket (for nursing/napping) and a small variety of chips/crackers. Now just imagine me carrying this with a baby on my hip and pushing a stroller with a cooler in the seat and a float on top. 



Happy Summer!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10