Shop My Instagram

Monday, September 25, 2017

Fall Capsule Wardrobe: Toddler Girls

We did not find out Fallon was a girl until she was born so it was gender neutral everything up until that point. And then allllll the cute girly things came. I was more than set to go with newborn and 0-3 month clothing but by 3-6 months I was on my own. I just have the girl mom experience but my goodness it was so overwhelming diving into the world of dressing a baby girl. So I made it my mission to make daily outfits as easy and fun as possible and daddy friendly too. 

I had read plenty of blog posts about capsule wardrobes for women but never any for kids. It seemed that the same basic principles would apply no matter the age though so I dove in. The first thing I like to do is "window shop" when it's time to size up and/or prepare for a season change. Browse your favorite stores and small shops online and put everything you initially like in your cart. This allows you to see everything together while bookmarking it and sometimes retailers will e-mail coupons to entice you to make that purchase. Once you've made your initial round, start going back and checking to see if you have items that are very similar, narrow down what you don't absolutely love and decide which expensive items are worth it. Then the real work begins. Go through and try to make outfits in your mind with the pieces you have chosen. Ideally each piece can be part of 3 or more different outfits. But of course there will be those pieces that only go with one top or one pair of tights and that's okay! You just want to make sure you don't have too many pieces that are
"solo items" so you maximize your options and get the most bang for your buck. 

I purposely I am not doing this post in the style that I've seen it done before. Truthfully any capsule wardrobe is still personalized to the individual's own taste. So I wanted to give a basic outline of how to create your own as opposed to listing examples of each piece that should make it up. Not everyone likes stripes, some stick with basic solids, others go for bold pieces. Any style can be corralled into a capsule wardrobe so you can do you, just simplified. The key to the capsule wardrobe is the mix and match factor. If you love all kinds of prints and bright colors have solids to balance and coordinate with them all. Go with your favorite basics in those same colors you're always drawn to but grab pieces with fun details and textures to mix in. Get all the stripes but get all the neutrals. Your kid's (or your own) clothes, your call! But if you need a visual or some inspiration to get started, here you go. 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10