Shop My Instagram

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Easy Breezy Summertime

Sorry it's been so quiet lately, there just hasn't been much time in my schedule for blogging. There hasn't been much time for a lot of things I normally do so I've been cutting corners wherever I can. Summer will soon officially be here and tis the season to keep it carefree, right? So today I'm sharing a few things that I'm loving for an easy breezy summertime. 


Smoothies - I love, love, love fruit. As far as I know I haven't met a fruit I didn't like. It's such a refreshing food for summertime and easy to eat on the go or pack for lunch. One of my favorite ways to eat fruit is actually to drink it. The simplest healthy yet delicious way to do it is just tossing some frozen or fresh fruit into a blender with your choice of milk. I really like to do mango peach or banana berry smoothies with vanilla almond milk

Yogurt Bars - On the occasions that I do eat dairy, I like to make it count. I got a coupon in the mail for Outshine yogurt bars and decided to give them a try. The strawberry is delicious and definitely feels like eating dessert. These are such a perfect summertime treat.

Tie Head Bands - I used to wear the plastic headbands when I was younger and I loved them. But after wearing them for a little while they start to dig into the skin behind your ears and it hurts! I recently discovered these (feathers / floral / dots) fabric tie head bands in so many fun patterns and colors. They are so cute and take just a few seconds to tie up with a messy bun or top knot. No styling tools required and minimal effort while still looking put together is just what summer is all about.

Coconut Oil - I started using coconut oil on my face last year. Yes, I felt really silly buying the jar in the baking section at Kroger, but I LOVE it. A tiny bit goes a long way and I love how moisturized and soft it leaves my face. I tend to wear even less make-up than I normally would during the summer so a good moisturizer is key for keeping my skin in top condition. 

Sunscreen - I have sensitive skin on my face and most sunscreens make it feel like it's on fire. Neutrogena with helioplex goes on just like a facial moisturizer, so it's not greasy, and doesn't irritate my skin at all. It absorbs right away and I don't have to worry about any white streaks on my face. I wear it daily under any make-up or alone even if I don't plan to be outside very much. Protecting the delicate skin on your face against harmful UV rays is no joke.


What are some things that help you get into those carefree summer vibes?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10