Shop My Instagram

Monday, May 11, 2015

The Big News and Our Weekend

If you’ve been reading lately you know that there was an issue with the buyer’s financing on the sale of our condo and we were waiting (not so patiently) to find out what the verdict would be. Thankfully we found out last weekend that all is good to go and the inspection was scheduled for Wednesday. Okay, okay, on to the bigger news. That Sunday evening Chris and I hopped onto some of our saved home searches and checked for new updates. The first thing I saw confused me. It was the first house we had seen when we started looking online that we really liked and wanted to see but when I sent it to our realtor it had gone pending. I double checked and it was clearly listed as active. The next day I sent it over to our realtor and we found out the sale had fallen through due finance issues with the buyer. We set up an appointment to go look at it in person that night and it was exactly what we wanted. By early Wednesday morning we had a purchase contact. Chris and I are buying are buying a house!



 The deck needs “a little love” as Chris put it and there are some minor things we will need to fix/update but nothing major. Since an inspection had just been done for the previous sale we were able to get a copy of it and by pass having another one done. The house has so much more room for us inside but what really sold us was the yard. Ares and Chaos will finally have over half an acre to run and play around on every day since it is already fenced it. We are set to close on the condo and then turn around and close on the house next month and we are so excited!


In the meantime, iced coffee outside was just what the start of the weekend called for. Chris left to go out of town for work Friday night so I am flying solo for the next 2 weeks (right up to our wedding!). As he was packing the dogs figured out something was up. Ares was beside himself. He loves mommy but Chris is his person. It nearly broke my heart to hear him cry by the door for 2 hours after Chris left. He is still pouting.



Saturday Kristina and I drove about 2 hours south to attend our friend’s wedding. Chris said we would manage to get ourselves lost and I said we would figure it out. Unfortunately he was right. We made it to the little college town no problem, and on time! But finding the chapel was another story. It was on campus, somewhere, but we had no idea which building to look for. At least we weren’t the only ones. We ended up with a little search party of other lost guests and finally found it…after the wedding had already begun. Yes, we were those people opening the back doors of the church just as the bride had made it down the aisle and everyone turned to look at us as the door made the loudest noise ever. Oops. Luckily the bride is a very understanding person and she was beautiful and so, so happy which meant us showing up a little late didn’t matter. Sorry for the crappy photo quality, we couldn’t get good lighting. I assure you it does not do the bride justice. 


Sunday I headed over to my parent’s house to celebrate Mother’s Day and finish some wedding projects. I took Ares and Chaos with me and when we got home in the late afternoon they were pooped. You would have thought they both ran marathons. I think the excitement of going to Grandma and Grandpa’s house just tires them right out. It was nice because I got a chance to relax a little bit too. Now we are back to the grind and counting down days to the wedding!


Happy week everyone!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10