Shop My Instagram

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Back to Reality

It’s been a little while since I’ve done an update on our moving situation. To say the least, it’s been nothing short of a giant circus filled with all kinds of hurry up then wait peaks and valleys. Honestly if the rest of my life wasn’t so crazy on a pretty much daily basis I probably would have lost my sanity completely over this fiasco by now. But I’m still hanging onto the last shreds of it..for the time being. I will spare you all the gory details because it’s Father's Day and I don’t want to be all negative Nelly over here. So I will leave it at this: we didn’t get to close when we were supposed to last week and as of right now we do not have a new scheduled closing date. Optimism and faith are running low at this point so your positive vibes out into the atmosphere would be much appreciated. 


But it’s Sunday night and I think sillier subjects are in order. Chris has been gone for work so flying solo with the furballs is always an adventure. Saturday morning is one of the reasons I can at least maintain the appearance of a sane person in the middle of what other people might consider chaos. I woke up and made myself some tea. I left it steeping in a mug on the counter and went to wash my face before taking the dogs for a walk. When I came out of the bathroom there was pee sprinkled on the floor by the back door. I can’t be sure because I didn’t actually witness the crime but my bet is on Ares. It’s very rare that either dog would go potty in the house but since Chris has been travelling for work my little Boston has been quite upset about daddy being gone. And just like a human kid, he tends to do things he’s not supposed to for attention. As I was cleaning the pee I noticed it had gotten on the bottom of the curtain that hangs across the back door. So I then had to get the step ladder to climb up and take the curtain off the rod to soak it with stain remover. Going into the laundry room I almost keeled over at the awful stench that hit my nose. I found out pretty quickly that it was coming from the litter box, well partially. A kitty apparently had diarrhea and didn’t make it all into the box. So onto clean up round 2. After washing my hands I walked into the living room to get my shoes and found a lovely surprise of vomit on one of the dog beds and a “mommy I’m sorry” look on Chaos’s face. I also realized that the wax I had changed out of the warmer and set on the coffee table was missing. Clean up round 3 and a call to the vet. As I suspected, the wax was harmless but of course I had to keep an eye on the wax thief. Just when I thought I could drink my tea and we could get to that walk, I noticed something missing, the tea bag. My eyes then followed the liquid trail all across the bar counter and then halfway to the table in the living area where the bag of tea lay, half eaten. Kitty diarrhea mystery solved (Little O, stealer of everything) and clean up round 4. 


We did manage to finally get to the walk, which surprisingly went without mishap. But later that day I tripped getting out of my car at a shopping center where 3 hot firemen were taking donations and of course they all saw me. And after washing the pee soaked curtain I double checked to make sure it could go into the dyer, but it turns out the instructions lied. The curtain is now about 2 inches shorter than it was and it looks like we are preparing for a flood. I guess that’s kind of plausible right now with all the rain. But like Kristina and I were talking about earlier this week, these things are nothing a glass of wine and some furry snuggles won’t cure.


Happy weekend and Father's Day to all the awesome dads!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10