Shop My Instagram

Monday, June 29, 2015

Sleepy Sunday 6-29-15

Chris unexpectedly was able to come home this weekend so we were so excited! Ares especially doesn’t like when Daddy is gone and behaves like a sulking child. Chris has to leave the shirt he last wore before going back to work so Ares can sleep with it. We learned this trick before the dogs went to boarding for the first time. Having something that smells strongly (to a dog) of their people helps to calm them while they are away. It definitely works for us. But Ares and the rest of us were very happy to have Chris walk in the door in the flesh Friday night. We took it easy watching Hawaii Five-0 on Netflix and eating leftovers. It’s pretty cool when they show scenes of areas we have been on Oahu.


Saturday morning was nice and cool, although overcast and dreary, but the boys loved taking a morning walk. Chris and I then headed out to get my new driver’s license since I officially changed my name last week. It was so strange to sign with my new signature and see it printed on my ID.


We met friends for lunch (cheese fries for me!) and ran some errands the rest of the afternoon. In the evening we went to a grill out and it was feeling like fall instead of summer! I was pretty cozy in my sweatshirt but it’s not what you expect for a late June summer night around here, especially after it’s been so hot the past couple weeks. We definitely weren’t complaining though, I love when it’s a  little chilly but not cold. And Chris was very excited to play cornhole with his buddies until dark.




Sunday morning Chris was back to work very early before any of the rest of us were awake. It turned out to be a beautiful day and perfect for both lounging and snuggles with productivity (grocery shopping, nail painting, bathroom cleaning) and iced coffee in the mix! I’m the girl at Kroger at 9AM on Sunday morning rollin’ in with my pjs still on and coffee in my cart. I swear it’s the best time to grocery shop. I’ve mostly switched over to iced coffee since it’s been so hot out. It’s pretty convenient to drop by Starbucks if I go to the Kroger with one inside but I’m fine making it at home too. I know the iced coffee k-cups are available now but I still have some regular ones left I want to use before I try them. What I do now is use Starbucks Vanilla k-cups in my Keurig on medium brew using a mason jar and then add almond milk and pop it in the freezer. After about 15-20 minutes I take it out and add a few ice cubes and a straw. By the time I feed all the furballs, take the dogs out and make my own breakfast, the iced coffee is ready for the drinking! A cute paper straw just makes me smile, especially when I found the whole pack in the Target $1 bin. YES!


Recently I’ve been hearing a lot of people talking about giving coconut oil to their dogs. I personally love to use coconut oil as a moisturizer and to cook with, but we also feed it to Ares and Chaos. It helps to keep their coats skinny and digestive tract in good shape plus it’s been known to help with allergies and Chaos needs all the help he can get! Our dogs LOVE the taste so it’s no problem getting them to eat it. We just spoon it into their dog food and they chow down.

Is it just me or has anyone else just now discovered the awesomeness of La Croix sparkling water? I bought a pack of Passion Fruit yesterday and oh my goodness I’m in love, not to mention the can is really pretty! I typically just drink water and the occasional coffee so this is a nice alternative with a little flavor. Let me know which flavors are your favorite!


Have a great week friends!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10