Shop My Instagram

Friday, June 26, 2015

Bad News Bears + Friday Fun



Well the bad news bears paid us a visit this week. Just as we were finally scheduling closings we found out our buyer lost her financing. I was in shock when I first got the call. I mean after all this time of waiting and waiting and right when the end is in sight, BAM, it’s all ripped away. We released our contracts with both our buyer and our seller so we are now back at square one. I was joking that I went through the stages of grief all in one day but it was bit of an emotional roller coaster. I was in shock and sort of denial at first and then really upset and then off the charts angry. Chris being away for work made it that much more difficult. But then I figured well I can sulk about it or I can just get on with it. That would be the acceptance part. So now I have a home full of boxes that I need to get ready for showings again. I won’t unpack much because the plan is still to try and sell our place and buy a new house as soon as possible. I think the worst part was that the whole experience was so stressful and we felt like we kept getting strung alone with empty promises (from the buyer’s camp). But, shit happens. We are hoping round 2 of selling/buying is much less painful.



Since it’s Friday, let’s switch gears to more fun stuff. Lately I have a serious headband obsession. I love that they can be a fun accessory and also make you look put together after throwing your hair up in a 2 second bun or pony. My go to shop is Mint & Arrows. I wear them everywhere.



Running Errands




At Work




On the Beach



With my friends



On my dogs




Chris was little upset about that last one. I explained the boys totally volunteered to model. They are super secure with their manhood. Nobody tell them they don’t have balls. Okay maybe is Ares is giving me the "Really, mom?" face.



Fourth of July is next week and it’s for sure one of my favorite holidays. I have such great summer memories of 4ths past and I’m sure this year will be no different. I have some very patriotic gear to wear like this baseball tee, this bikini (on sale now!) and of course an American flag print headband (modeled by Chaos above but sold out). Stars and stripes all the way!



The weather has certainly felt like summertime around here so we moved our daily walk to later in the evening. It’s still a little toasty, and humid most days, but it’s nice to get out and get moving. The honeysuckles are in full bloom and I LOVE that smell.




Speaking of smells, I was gifted some amazing soy candles from my favorite candle company Candelles. I’ve loved all the scents I’ve tried so far so I knew the lemon pack would not disappoint. Not only do these candles smell fantastic, but they are soy so they don’t put off any icky chemicals, and they come in the cutest packaging!




Happy weekend y’all!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10