Shop My Instagram

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The Wedding Diaries: The Rehearsal

Hello my long lost blogosphere! I am terribly sorry I’ve been MIA for a few weeks now but I promise to fill you in on what’s been going on. The biggest news is that Chris and I got MARRIED! After 13 months of planning and excitement and stress and anticipation, the wedding day finally came. And it was AMAZING! It was followed by an off the charts fantastic Hawaiian honeymoon complete with luau and sea turtles. But let me start by backing up to where we left off, the rehearsal.


We got married at the Syndicate. If you aren’t from around my neck of the woods, it’s a popular venue for all kinds of events including weddings. We knew immediately when we walked in that it was the place we wanted to have our wedding. And it was the very first place we looked! Luckily there were not any events the Friday night before our wedding so we scheduled our rehearsal for then. Most of our décor was set up already so I got to see all our ideas come together in person. We had a big wedding party (9 bridesmaids, 9 groomsmen, 2 flowers girls and 1 usher) so it was nothing short of a miracle that everyone made it for the practice run. We ran through everything with only minor glitches and then headed to my now in laws house for dinner. It made sense to us to keep things on the casual side and just hang out with our friends (and Chris playing cornhole of course) instead of taking our big group out to a restaurant.


The wedding party gifts were all distributed that night as well and I was so excited. I had ideas and actually started putting things together last summer for the girls. I love gifts with a theme and giving them in something that can be reused as opposed to a box or bag if I can. I found small wooden crates and minis for my little flower girls at Michaels to fill with goodies. My dad painted them navy blue for me and I wrote with a yellow paint pen “I Cross My Heart” on the front with the wedding date on the side. The song by George Strait is the one the wedding party walked down the aisle to so I thought it was sweet and fitting. My mom used left over gingham fabric from our table décor to line the crates and then I filled them with little presents. The flower girls each got mason jars with sparkly gold glitter I found in the Target dollar section filled with lemonheads since yellow was one of our wedding colors and we had lemons in our table décor. They also got tiny silver pails with dresses we had made for their American girl dolls that were replicas of their flower girls dresses that we also had made. The big girls also got little mason jars filled with lemonheads but I got theirs from the Michaels sale bin along with magnetized list pads with their initials and little burlap sacks containing bracelets I made with twine and silver charms. The little girls got bracelets too. Last year The Knot had a sale on gifts so I got all the bridesmaids monogrammed bags that just happened to be navy with yellow and white chevron! Of course the gift just didn’t feel complete without a little alcohol so we threw in a tiny blueberry vodka bottle with a can of Country Time lemonade and then all the girls got a package of blueberry mini muffins. The guys’ gifts came in galvanized metal buckets I ordered online that my dad spray painted the first initial of their last names onto. We filled them with cast iron bottle owners, mini whiskey and coke bottles with a cup and all kinds of snacks from sunflower seeds to Pringles. Of we had to throw in mini hot sauce bottles and beef jerky since they are Chris's favorites.


It was really nice to get in some fun and relaxation before the big day and I am so appreciative of my mother and father-in-law hosting for us. Chris stayed later to play cornhole but I left with my parents and sister to get some beauty sleep. I am so very glad we kept things simple so rehearsal was basically stress free and just a good time to celebrate early. That’s all for now but I promise I will be back with wedding and honeymoon posts! And just because it’s Tuesday, a sweet little picture of my baby boys.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10