Shop My Instagram

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Ares Turns 3

3 years ago I had just moved into my condo and it was me and Piper all by ourselves. Little did I know that about 120 miles away, my very first puppy was being born. Today I look at Ares and wonder how I ever entertained myself before he came into my life. He is so goofy, playful and fearless and loves to make friends everywhere he goes.





Ares actually turned 3 on Monday 7/20/15 but we started the celebration over the weekend. We never feed the dogs from the table and rarely give them human food that isn’t good for dogs, but birthdays are for splurging. It was over 90 degrees and humid as hell Saturday afternoon but we loaded up the boys and drove down to our local DQ. The back patio was shaded so we sat out there and made messes with our ice cream. It just didn’t feel fair not to include Chaos, and he was clearly feeling a little upset that it wasn’t his birthday. We ordered cups of vanilla ice cream for both boys, a mini PB cookie dough blizzard for me and a PB shake for Chris. Clearly we love PB. The boys do too but we thought anything more than plain soft serve would’ve been too much. Chaos wolfed his down like he was never eating again and then I just said what the hell and let him finish mine. Ares is always a slow eater and even though his ice cream was melting all over the patio he still took his time finishing every last drop. Luckily nobody puked on the short drive home and then relaxing in the A/C was the name of the game for the rest of their evening.  




The boys were pooped from an early morning walk and to beat the heat and our afternoon adventure so Chris and I took the opportunity for a rare night out. It was beyond sticky, icky, icky (please tell you just sang “ooh ooh, Saturday!”) but I actually didn’t mind the summer heat later. Wearing a super comfy and light weight tunic as a dress helped too. It was a tad short I guess but hey, I got a lot of compliments so it must have still been cute. It ended up being really nice to get out for the night and I really love this picture, even though the lighting is not the best. 




Sunday was grocery shopping day so we picked up some delicious chicken flavored bones for the birthday boy. Chaos surprisingly just went off to snooze while Ares enjoyed his special treat. Typically Ares isn’t much of a chewer but little man sure does love a good bone, especially when it’s rare that he gets one all for himself.




Monday night’s dessert was a little unconventional but ended up a smash hit. I had some JIF PB cereal in the cabinet (remember how I mentioned we love PB?) so I decided to fill the boys’ bowls with that and add plain non-fat yogurt on top. Ares can be a bit on the picky side when it comes to food but I know he loves PB and yogurt probably equally as much, so why not mix them together? Typically Ares gets half the amount of food Chaos does but I went all out for the big 3 so the birthday boy got probably more than he’s ever had in his life. And he ate all of it. Every last bit. And then spent time lounging in his new favorite spot, our bed, and snort/purring away.





Ares you make us laugh, drive us nuts and melts our hearts all at the same time. Life without you just wouldn’t be as fun. We love all the memories we’ve made in your first 3 years and can’t wait for so many more. Happy birthday baby boy!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10