Shop My Instagram

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

4th of July Weekend

I hope you all had a fantastic holiday weekend! Both Chris and I had a 3 day weekend so we took full advantage. Thursday we did pizza and movies. I adore Pizza Hut stuffed crust with green peppers and mushrooms. Chris is a total carnivore and always goes for sausage and bacon. We split a large and he usually ends up eating the rest of my veggie pieces (except when Little O manages to get into the box and eat the toppings off the last piece). I kind of go all out on pizza since we don’t eat it that much and fill my belly until I’m about to pop. It’s always worth it though. We rented The Duff and I cracked up laughing. If you haven’t seen it yet, grab some pizza and watch it this weekend. You won’t be disappointed. “Is that a wiener in your mouth or are you just happy to see me?”.





Friday it was cloudy, overcast and cool for early July but great weather for wearing my new ILY Couture sweatshirt. We ran errands in the afternoon and picked up the new vacuum, wet mop and dust buster we received as wedding presents that have been at my parents’ house. Holy crap the Shark brand is amazing! I was both horrified and excited to see all the fur collected in the canister after the first run-through. We clean all the time but it just showed how poor of a job our old vacuum was doing. Chaos is allergic (2 on a scale of 4) to cat hair so this should help with his goopy eyes. I know, gross. We had no idea so much hair was sticking to the carpet and rugs even though we couldn’t see it. For the record the wet mop is also the shit. I am so glad that I registered for these items and beyond grateful that we received them as gifts. Cleaning sure works up an appetite though so had dinner on the patio at Barleycorns. I stuffed myself with stuffed mushrooms and then didn’t make it past 10 o’clock before I was in bed. Holiday weekend people, don’t judge me. 




Do you see Ares?

The sun greeted us early Saturday morning for snuggles before the 4th of July parade. Chris and I wore our festive outfits and met our friends for the holiday tradition. Okay my outfit may have been overkill but I really like holidays. At least I didn’t have Snoopy on my shirt with #redwhite&cool. Alright, I was actually totally jealous of the Snoopy shirt. Whatever. I was tempted to run out and grab candy with the kids but I didn’t want to be an ass. Chris tried to get a roll of goetta from the Glier’s guy but had no luck. Maybe next year! On to the fireworks. It’s not the 4th for me without sitting outside at dark watching a display of pyrotechnics. Things that blow up and light up the sky with pretty colors get me every time. A local park does a show for free so we took our blanket and cooler and sat on the hillside.





Sunday morning was did some dog walking and grocery shopping then played it lazy for the afternoon. Chris went to play basketball with friends in the evening so I took an iced coffee break by myself out back. Sometimes you just gotta. If any of you are iced coffee fans and haven’t tried to Starbucks Iced Vanilla K-cups, I dare you to give them a shot. I was skeptical but it was so good! The kiddos did their usual sleepy Sunday thing, of course.






If any of you are online sale stalkers like me you probably took part in some of the big deals over the weekend. I’ve been looking for a new bedspread because ours is literally falling apart. And when I say falling apart I mean that the entire corner is ripped open with stuffing coming out and, embarrassingly enough, I admit I’ve stapled it back together several times to keep from having to buy a new one. I was trying to wait until we moved (and got a bigger bed) but the time has come to kiss it goodbye. I ordered this one from Kohl’s on sale using wedding gift cards but was unsure when it came in since it looked different in person. Plus, it’s a duvet so I’d have to get a comforter. My mom found this one from Wayfair and although I’m not crazy about it being a quilt set, I’m excited for it to come in to see how I really feel about it. 





Well I’m off to do laundry before I watch the new PLL with my mango La Croix. I seem to have developed an obsession. Oops. Happy Tuesday!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10