Shop My Instagram

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Home Showing Shenanigans

Oops, forgot to post this yesterday!

So if you any of you have sold your home before you know how tough it can be to keep it ready for showings at all times. The first time around was back in the Spring when shedding season had not kicked into full gear yet. Now that it’s the middle of summer the floors basically have to be swept every day to keep the place looking presentable for potential buyers. Piper likes to lay on the dark furniture and leave strands of her white silky fur behind. But it’s not just keeping up with the fur flying around the place, it’s the scramble to have everything in its place before I leave in the morning.


Yes, that's Tia from Pit Bulls & Parolees on the screen
 


Truth: I never make the bed. Ever. It’s not just because it’s a pain to do every morning (although that is definitely a contributing factor), it’s that a made up bed has never been appealing to me to get into at night. A messy unmade bed looks so much more inviting to sleep in to me. But it’s not something I can get away with when there are strangers coming to scope the place out and imagine themselves living in it. So now I make the bed every morning, throw pillows and all, only to come back and find Ares doing this.

 



Chaos doesn’t dare get on the bed, but he is ALL ABOUT the blankets. We usually have an old comforter on the floor of the bedroom for him to lay on while I’m getting ready in the morning. It’s not in the way at all but also not something I want to leave out if people are coming for a showing. Chaos does not understand why anyone wouldn’t want to see his cozy floor nest so after mommy puts it away he gets it right back out.




Let there be light is a little tip I was passed for making a home look more inviting. I get it, not only does it brighten up your space but everything looks better in natural sunlight. We have a huge window in the master bedroom that looks out to the grassy/wooded area in the back. In the morning I open the blinds to let the light in, but Little O thinks I do it for his viewing pleasure. I catch him trying to stick his head through to look out so instead I have to raise the blinds a little for him. But then I have to remember to lower them back down before I leave because it displays his chew marks on one end. Having a cat with Pica means unavoidable damage in your home.




But even though the furballs make it that much more difficult to leave my home showing worthy, their antics make me laugh. And laughter at 6 AM is much needed. It’s better than coffee.



P.S. I was bad and got a REGULAR latte today instead of my usual skinny version. Hey, it’s Friday, I’m rocking one of my favorite tees and the most comfy sneaks ever (that I actually won!). A little splurge just felt right.



Happy Friday friends!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10