Shop My Instagram

Monday, October 19, 2015

Sweater Weather is Better Weather

Growing up in NKY I've always had the experience of 4 distinct seasons every year. As much as I love that we have true Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall, sometimes I wish for a little more Fall. I think we are all clear that it's my favorite season by now. But as the leaves change and the air cools, it has me thinking of all the reasons I love it so much. 

Sweaters.
I love both the feel and look of a cute, cozy sweater and around here, Fall is when we break them out to start wearing. Oversized, cardigans, turtlenecks, dressed up or dressed down, I love them all. Some of my favorites this season are this one and this from J. Crew Factory that I scored for 50% off last weekend and this one from Urban Outfitters because the lace detail is too fun.

Blanket Scarves.
 A stylish accessory that is also practical? Yes, yes and hell yes. I love adding color or interest to an outfit just by tossing on a scarf. Fall is perfect for wrapping up in a blanket scarf over a top or sweater without having to wear a coat just yet. I will always love plaid like this one and this one, which are super deals if ask me, and I recently wore this one to a wedding because it was chilly that day. 

Flannel.
 Flannel has been around forever and will probably always remind some people of their grandpa or a country boy. It's trendier some years than others but overall it's pretty classic. I'm sure I've always had at least one flannel shirt in my closet. I think now I'm almost in the double digits but who's counting? Some new favorites are this one from AE that's incredibly soft and has a boyfriend fit, this one for the super steal and this dress that it just the perfect length. 

I love watching the trees change each day on our walks and the crunch the fallen ones make under my feet. Chaos likes to eat them. I love the smell of a bonfire in the cool evening air and roasting marshmallows for s'mores. I love snuggling under the covers on Sunday mornings and pumpkin spice lattes on trips to the pumpkin patch. And I will love sitting on the deck watching my boys play in our soon to be new backyard. 

Happy weekend my friends!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10