Shop My Instagram

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Zoo Trip

Mr. Dierks Bentley has a song called Settle For A Slowdown and that's exactly what came to mind yesterday although I have a bit of a different spin on it. Since having Fallon I feel like I've been living life completely in the fast lane. I'm constantly in motion, jumping from one thing to the next, trying to do so many things all at once. While this is just the way my life is for the most part, I've forgotten to give myself a break lately. We won't be vacationing until later this year but in the meantime, I'll settle for a slowdown.

Yesterday morning we found out Beau was staying home sick and our weird winter weather was feeling a lot like spring. Chris was off for the day and I hesitated for a minute thinking of all the spring cleaning I should start before deciding to blow it all off and have a family day at the zoo. We took Fallon for the first time last fall and even though she was only 3.5 months old, she seemed to really enjoy it. So we packed up some snacks and headed out after Fallon's morning nap. 


The sun was shining, the animals were out and active and we were able to walk around and check them out at our leisure with so few other people around. We got to the cathouse just after feeding time and almost all of them were roaming around and coming up to the glass. Fallon loved seeing all the "kitties" and was especially excited to see the Bengal tiger up close and personal. We also saw all kinds of monkey business, white lions sunbathing, polar bears having lunch, goats in training and a flamingo parade. It was by far one of the most fun days we've had as a family and oh my did we need it! Fallon napped in the car, we ate leftovers for dinner and didn't check one single thing off our to-do list. 

Our life is fairly fast paced and really, we'd probably be bored if it wasn't. But every now and then we need to ditch our responsibilities and just have fun. I can't always sidestep all my duties but I'll settle for a slowdown once in awhile. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10