Shop My Instagram

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Healthy Pancakes For Mama + Mini

I'm really glad they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day because we usually do breakfast up right. The rest of the day, well, we try. Now that Fallon is eating pretty much any solids, it's easiest to make something we can both eat in the morning instead of making one meal for her and one for me (and Chris when he's home). My go-to breakfast has always been oatmeal with PB, fruit and whatever other healthy goodness I have on hand to toss in. Fallon eats with her fingers and is so over being fed by anyone but her own self that it's not really a good option for her right now. So when I heard about banana pancakes I was thinking ding, ding, ding this could be our winner. 

I'm sure you've seen all kinds of variations of easy, healthy pancakes recipes similar to this one but after playing around with amounts and ingredients we have found one that works the best for us. Our pediatrician gave us the go ahead to try eggs at Fallon's 6 month appointment so I've had no qualms about them being one of the 3 ingredients in this recipe. And really she's only getting a small amount anyway. The best part about this recipe is that it's so easily doubled, tripled, ect. for whatever type of crowd you're feeding. When I make these pancakes for Fallon and I to share I make it as is but double it if daddy's home because daddy eats a lot more than us girls! I end up with 2 or 4 medium sized pancakes and just cut up about a third of one into bite sized pieces for Fallon and we eat the rest. 


Ingredients:

1 ripe medium banana
2 eggs
1/2 cup oats or flax meal (we like a mixture of both)

Directions:

Mash the banana in a bowl then add in eggs and oats/flax and whisk together. Cook pancakes over medium heat in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a skillet or griddle. Add your desired toppings and enjoy! We love ours with mixed berries and a little pure maple syrup and sliced almonds for mama + daddy but the possibilities are endless. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10