Shop My Instagram

Monday, March 20, 2017

Making Messes Disappear

I may still be swimming in the shallow end of the human baby parenting pool but I'm a pretty experienced pet mama. So I've been cleaning up messes and experimenting with stain removers for years. 4 dogs, 3 cats and a baby girl later, I have my go-to little bottle of magic and today I'm sharing it with you. 

Whether the dog tracked mud across the carpet, the cat hacked up dinner or the baby smeared blackberries down her shirt, I've got you covered. Let's me real, some stains just aren't coming out and some will put up a good fight. But for the most part, I can save you some time, effort and $$$ because I'm guessing most of you already have the ingredients for this homemade stain remover. Trust me, we've tried a zillion commercially available products and while some of them do work, we would go through bottles so fast it seemed ridiculous to keep spending the money. If the stain is really bad it might take more than one try but I have saved a favorite sleeper from the biggest blowout we've had to date so trust me, there's hope. 

You need a spray bottle, vodka and white vinegar. Fill the bottle a third of the way full of water then the rest half vodka, half vinegar. That's it. Seriously. Soak the stain and either let it sit for about 10 minutes and then wipe with a clean rag or let it soak overnight before tossing in with the laundry. Vodka mostly neutralizes the smell of the vinegar as well as the odor from the stain if there is one. But if you have essential oils you may want to add a few drops of lavender or lemon, totally not necessary though. Of course you could always just feed your baby naked. 


Happy mess making!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10