Shop My Instagram

Monday, August 7, 2017

Like Father, Like Daughter

Fallon is 13 months old now and doing the Frankenstein walk. We kind of think it's cutest thing ever. She's understanding so many concepts that I never even realized she was taking in, like when I grab my keys she says, "bye, bye" because she knows we are leaving and points to the TV when she wants to watch Mickey. She's as wild, curious and stubborn as ever with some drama to top it off but we couldn't imagine her any other way. Seeing how excited she gets when she sees a "dog, dog, doggie" out in public is definitely my newest favorite thing she does. 

Yesterday Chris was talking about how some days he still cannot believe that this is his life. If you had asked him even just 7 years ago (we've been together 6) where he saw himself in 10 years he would have laughed sarcastically if anyone mentioned marriage let alone living in the suburbs with a little girl. But now he can't wait to come from work and see Fallon light up when he walks in the door. I can almost see his heart melting every time she says "dada" or hugs him. And she is so much like him it's uncanny. 


Anyone who knows Chris will immediately say how much Fallon looks like him. She did when she was born and she continues to more and more each day. There are certainly ways you can see me in her but she is most definitely her daddy's little girl. Dimples and big brown eyes like none I've ever seen. The similarities do not end with looks though. Fallon has a very intense personality and puts her emotions fully into every situation. When she is angry there is no angrier kid but when she is happy she is the happiest baby on the block. There's that strong will, determinamtion and stubborn streak running through her that she gets a bit from mama but the level she can crank it up to is all daddy. Sometimes I just sit back and watch them together smiling like a fool, feeling that little flutter in my heart just thinking about how special their bond is. It will be a privilege to watch their relationship grow over the years. The apple did not fall far from the tree and I don't think anyone is prouder of that fact than my husband. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10