Shop My Instagram

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Baby #2 First Trimester Bumpdate


First I would like to thank you all so, so much for your kindness on our big announcement last week. It really does mean a lot to have people feeling so excited for us and this next chapter.  I read each and every comment and although I am unable to respond personally, THANK YOU. 

In all honesty this pregnancy was unexpected. I know, I know. How does that happen? Well, it does. It just does. But it's funny how things work out. While we might not have planned it this way, right now it seems like perfect timing. And I have to say I'm thrilled that the remainder of this pregnancy will happen through the cooler months. 9 months pregnant in Northern Kentucky July heat was not my favorite thing about the first time around. And speaking of the first time around, my pregnancy with Fallon was SO easy. This time, not so much. 

I cannot complain too much though because I haven't actually been getting sick, just feeling like I might at any moment, for most of the day. Heartburn kicked in almost immediately, the keep me up at night, tums work minimally if at all kind of heartburn. And oh my goodness the exhaustion. First trimester with Fallon I didn't realize I was any more tired than normal until I hit second trimester for comparison. But chasing a toddler while feeling like crap were new factors this go round and I was dead on my feet every night. I am officially out of the first trimester, sitting pretty at 14 weeks. The nausea has all but left the building and I feel like my energy is slowly starting to pick back up. I need every ounce I can get to keep up with my little wild thing. 

My due date is 4/04/18, but it changed 4 times before becoming final in the chart! I found out I was pregnant pretty early on, in an odd twist of fate. I've been taking pre-natal vitamins for the past 2 years as it is recommended to continue while breastfeeding. Fallon self weened just last month so I was on a Target run to get what I assumed would be one last bottle for awhile. Joke's on me. While in that aisle my sweet little toddler knocked some pregnancy tests off the shelf. As I was picking them up I had a moment. Maybe you know what I'm talking about when I say it was one of those prickling feelings down my spine like something was about to go down. It occurred to me that, according to previously known information about myself, something should have happened that day that as far as I knew at that moment, had not. I checked my calendar and then brushed it off because, well, these things are not always precise, especially after having a baby. But that prickly feeling caused me to leave the store with a test in my cart. And it was negative, or so I thought. 

Y'all these home tests are so good that the faintest of lines can show up, so faint you might not notice if you aren't sticking the test in front of your eyeball and squinting. I only ended up doing so because I later swore I saw a line and thought I was going nuts. The second test confirmed I was not crazy, at least in that respect, and the digital that said PREGNANT was kind of inarguable. So my first ultrasound was scheduled for what we assumed was 6 weeks. But the tech put me at just 5 and asked that we come back a week later to get a better picture. 2 scans later my due date had already changed 3 times, with every visit. When I finally saw my doctor for the first visit last week, I expressed my thoughts on the due date and she agreed it should be moved up 4 days based on the original scan. 4 days is 4 days people. Now watch me go overdue to the 4/08 date the tech last dated me with. 

So to recap, I am already 14 weeks pregnanct and have yet to take a weekly bump shot. Sorry second kid. We are thrilled to add another baby to the family but still shaking off the shock that it will be happening so soon. While I'd love to be able to do weekly bumpdates like I did with Fallon, this is a new season of life and that just won't be possible. But I do plan to do them whenever I can so you can all follow along with this pregnancy and I can document as much of it as I can. 


Happy Bump, I mean Hump Day!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10