Shop My Instagram

Sunday, May 14, 2017

My First Mother's Day



This year will mark my very first Mother's Day celebrating as a mama myself. Quickly closing in on a year of having a daughter has me thinking about how incredibly thankful I am to have the title of mom. Motherhood has been my greatest challenge but by far my greatest joy. Most days I have no idea what I'm doing, just winging it, giving it my all and hoping for the best. And even though I've completely lost my mind, I've found my purpose. Motherhood has shown me strength I didn't know I had, a whole new level of patience and the truest meaning of unconditional love. Funny how you don't there's a missing piece of your heart until it finds you.

I just can't seem to find the right words to describe how amazing it is to be a mom. Even on the days when nothing is going right, I've hit the wall and just feel like a massive failure, I still go to bed missing my baby girl while she sleeps and feeling grateful that she's mine. Did your mom ever tell you, "one day when you're a mom you will understand,"?. It's annoying when you're a know it all teenager but it makes more sense than anything else most days when you do become a mama yourself. I still have a long road of understand ahead of me, mistakes and heartaches with I hope so much laughter and joy mixed in. Motherhood is such a crazy, wonderful and terrifying journey but I have to say, I'm think I'm doing alright. And that's more of a compliment to my own mom than it is to me. Because I learned how to surpass good and become a great mom from the very best. Mom, I understand now. And I hope I'm making you proud. 

In closing of this very first Mother's Day post, I have to thank my perfect baby girl for making me a mama. Fallon Lynn, you are the most precious gift I could ever receive. I hope you know that I am here to support you when you leap, catch you if you fall and cheer the hardest when you succeed. May your strong will take you all the places you want to go and nowhere that you don't. Never lose that sparkle of curiosity in your eyes or that smile you do with your whole face. I love you always baby girl, and one day, when you're a mom, you will understand.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10