Shop My Instagram

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Pictures: Posed or Candid?

Let me state the obvious. I take a LOT of pictures of my furballs. And they are not all the best shots. Thank you again Captain Obvious. Although photography has always interested me, I’ve never gone in that direction. I take all my pictures with a Nikon digital camera or my iPhone. The iPhone ones don’t always turn out the best but you work with what you have. For me, it’s fun to capture and share all those moments that I wouldn’t have forever or be able to show people otherwise. It’s also nice to have those memories. Have you ever looked at old pictures and remembered a time or a moment you hadn’t thought about in a while and realized you were smiling? I want to have those memories forever so I can’t forget.


A lot people ask if the pictures are set up and/or the animals are posed. Well, yes and no. Ares loves the camera. He has since he was little and quickly realized what was going on when he saw me holding up a little box pointed at him and calling his name. We joke that he was born to be a model because he is always “posing” all by himself.




Chaos is actually camera shy. He has gotten used to me taking so many pictures now and goes along with it but he’s not as photogenic as his camera-loving brother.




Piper is the most difficult one to work with. She’s moody and doesn’t like anything in her face or being told what to do. If I can actually get her to look at the camera it’s usually with an icy stare.



Little O is  sort of indifferent. He doesn’t mind having his picture taken but he doesn’t pose for it either.



So yes, there are many times I try to get their attention so they will look at me for a picture. Or  I may have them go to a certain place or have them sit/lay down. Sometimes pictures inspire post ideas and sometimes I take pictures specifically for posts. But there are also a lot candid shots. Usually my phone is near me so if somebody does something funny or cute I can grab it and snap a shot. Sometimes they are sleeping so I try to be really quiet and sneak in the picture because I want them to be in that natural position. Ares will generally start posing if he sees the camera so it’s more difficult to get candid shots of him unless he is sleeping or doesn’t see me coming. I love to have pictures of their faces looking up at me but I also love getting those shots of them just being them. If you look in the background of the pictures you can see that the house usually isn’t camera-ready so the pictures of them snuggling or doing cute and funny things are not set up. I’m more concerned with the faces in the photos than worrying if people will notice the toys on the floor in the background. Although now you will probably all be looking in the background of the pictures!






Are the pictures of your pets posed? Do you worry about what’s in the background? Send your pictures to me: hilarykennedy1824@gmail.com.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10