Shop My Instagram

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sleepy Sunday: 3-02-14

Sundays around my house are usually pretty laid back. We catch up on TV shows we missed during the week, hang out together in the living room and I attempt to cook/bake something new. There have been mentions of my recent foray into kitchen adventures but not a whole lot to report yet. That's because a lot of things I make are just creations I come up with in my head or a combination of recipes that I try and see if they work. Sometimes they do but I like to repeat them a couple times before sharing with people so I can get the measurements correct but today went pretty well. 






Today I tried berry cupcakes with cream cheese icing and A1 cheeseburger croissants. I followed this recipe I found on Pinterest for the cupcakes and just made a couple changes. I still used a cup and a half of fruit but made it half blueberries and half strawberries. I also used whipped berry Philadelphia cream cheese instead of regular cream cheese in the icing and whole wheat flour instead of cake flour. I was really pleased with how they turned out and Chris actually LOVED them. This surprised me considering they have fruit in them and he usually cringes at the mention of anything containing healthy ingredients. 







The A1 cheeseburger croissants is my own recipes I made up based on things I had in my fridge. They were okay but I made them more for Chris. He's the meat eater and likes A1 sauce so much he sometimes decides he wants it first before he decides what to put it on. I try to stick to healthy eating throughout the week and give myself a break on the weekends so generally the new recipes I've been trying are just things that sound good or I think other people would like, which usually end up not being healthy choices. As you can see, my finished products aren't all the pretty looking but the goal is just to get them to taste good!








A1 Cheeseburger Croissants

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef (I used sirloin)
2 tbsp A1 steak sauce
1/2 tbsp garlic
8 oz cups baby portabella mushrooms
1 red onion, diced
4 cans Pillsbury crescent roll dough
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese

Directions:
Mold the ground beef into 16 patties
Cook the meat patties in a skillet over low heat with A1 sauce
Saute mushrooms and onion with garlic 
Unfold each can of dough into 4 large squares (pinch seems together in the middle)
Add cheese, mushroom/onion mix and 2 burger patties into the center of 8 squares
Use the other 8 dough squares to cover the squares with ingredients and seal the edges with a fork
Bake using crescent roll package directions


The dogs are not allowed in the kitchen anymore. They used to be but since they like to pretend to be vacuum cleaners and eat everything off the floor, they've been exiled fro the kitchen all together. I'm afraid they'll get a hold of something they shouldn't on day or get in the way and cause an accident while I'm cooking. But everything smells so good they have a hard time following the rules. 



Eventually after several failed attempts to sneak into the kitchen without me noticing, they resign themselves to a tough day of lounging. It's a ruff life. 


Do you stay home and relax on Sundays like us?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10