Shop My Instagram

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sleepy Sunday 3-30-14: Pupcake Brunch

After all the crazy back and forth weather this month the forecast is looking like Spring might actually be settling in. This morning was still chilly and I was actually glad because Ares and Chaos were able to test drive their brand new coats. It rained all day long yesterday and we were not able to take our usual 3 mile walk so I took them out this morning. Although the air was still cold, it was sunny with very little wind so we had a really nice walk and the boys got to show off their new duds. 



While shopping with my mom yesterday I just couldn't resist popping into the dog boutique Moochie & Co. There was a clearance sale going on for 50% off all the winter coats. I found a purple one in Chaos's size and a turquoise one in Ares's size. 



I was a little concerned because it tends to be difficult finding coats that are the correct length but also fit in the chest. Luckily these Worthy Dog coats come with an extender piece to add to the neck if necessary. I guessed on the sizes after verifying that I could return them if they didn't fit, but I apparently I know my dogs pretty well. The size 16 fit Ares and the size 20 fit Chaos perfectly, both using the extender pieces on the chest piece.





These coats are fleece lined and waterproof and I think it's so funny and cute that it looks like they have popped collars. The velcro closures at the neck and around the belly  make it quick and easy to put them on and take them off. And the store also had Easter dog cookies that look like Peeps. Of course I got some.





After our walk it was time for brunch. I made a bacon, egg and cheese bake and cherry cream cheese coffee cake for Chris and I. Those are both no nos for the dogs but they got their very own special treats: Pupcakes. 




There are several recipes out there for dog cupcakes and dog pancakes, both known as pupcakes. In this case they were dog pancakes that I made with just 4 ingredients and 2  toppings. Chaos gobbled his up in seconds while Ares took his time licking both sides of each pupcake before slowly eating them. 





We spent the evening watching college basketball. The NCAA tournament is always exciting. There are upsets and games that come down to the wire and wins that no one ever saw coming. Chris is a huge Michigan fan. I'm a Kentucky fan. Our teams would never normally play each other so we also usually root for each other's teams. But today they met in the Elite 8 round of the tournament. 



Our house was divided with Ares and I in Kentucky gear and Chris and Chaos in Michigan gear. The game stayed close, especially throughout the second half, but Kentucky put the nail in the coffin with a  3 point shot at the very end of the game and came out with the win. Chris and Chaos were a little down, but as secondary Kentucky fans, they are now ready to cheer the cats on in the Final Four. 



As always, the boys spent the rest of their sleepy Sunday lounging around the house. 

Sleepy Sunday Pupcakes

Ingredients:

Pupcakes
1 cup of flour
2 cups of water
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 can of pumpkin

Toppings
Honey
Nonfat plain yogurt

Directions:

Combine pupcake ingredients in a bowl. The mixture will be fairly thick. Spoon mixture into skillet to make desired size pupcake and cook until slightly browned then flip over. Serve with drizzled honey and yogurt. 

How was your Sunday?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10