Shop My Instagram

Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday: The Good Stuff

If you've never heard the song The Good Stuff by Kenny Chesney or don't like country music, that's okay because the message is universal: appreciate the good stuff in life. Today is Good Friday so I want to just take a few minutes to think about some of the good stuff about my furbabies. Regardless of what day it is, it’s always good to remind yourself to be grateful for the good stuff you have. Good Friday seems like a perfect day to highlight my little zoo’s good qualities.

Piper will always hold the title of being my first furbaby. She’s a very pretty cat and although I may be biased, it seems to be a general consensus. Her blue eyes, unique coat and bob tail make her look the complete part of the princess she knows she is. Piper is also very feisty and while this may be a turn off to some, I love that she holds her own against all the boys in the house. I giggle every time she lets them know they are doing something wrong and never backs down. I also find it so sweet that although she’s s tough girl, she has a soft spot for Chris and always wants his attention.


Ares is my goofy little guy. Sometimes I just look at him and laugh. He make the silliest faces and does the funniest things. And if you add him snorting into the mix, it’s too hilarious not to at least smile. I also love Ares’s confidence. It can be a hindrance with training but I admire that he just thinks he’s awesome all the time. My dad always says if you don’t know where you’re going, just walk around like you own the place and you’ll fit right in. Ares is always walking around like he owns the place anywhere we go and I have to give him props for being so bold. My AreBear can also be very cuddly when he’s in the mood and I just have to kiss his nose when he looks at me with those big bug eyes, snorts and licks my face.


Chaos is such a sweetheart. He’s just a big old softy always wanting to be petted, cuddled, kissed and hugged. There is a sensitivity he has for others’ feelings that I didn’t know a dog could understand. When he’s being playful he rolls around on his back and flails his legs around and it resembles what I would call “air swimming”. When he is sad or he feels upset because someone else is upset he will melt your heart with his mournful eyes that seem to look right into your soul. Our resident pittie is also a teacher’s pet so it makes training much easier!


Last but certainly not least is Little O the wild man. He is always running around and jumping from surface to surface, although not as gracefully as you might think a cat would. Curiosity is definitely one of the traditional cat traits that Little O has so he’s always getting himself shut in cabinets or closets because ran in to investigate without anyone seeing him. I was making dinner one night and all of a sudden the cabinet door popped open and out came my little orange fuzzball. His antics are always keeping us entertained but he is also very friendly and sweet. We joke that he’s our Walmart greeter because he greets people whenever they come over. And of course my favorite is when he curls up in the crook of my neck to snuggle.


What's the good stuff about your furbabies? I hope there is a lot of good stuff you can be appreciative of in your life. I wish you all a very Good Friday!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10