Shop My Instagram

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Doggie Duds & Kitty Clothes

When I was in kindergarten I remember having this little dress with a black Scottish Terrier on the front, or a scotty dog as I called it. I loved that dress so much. While my taste in clothes in general has changed pretty dramatically since those days (probably for the best), the concept of wearing dogs (and cats) on them has not.




Around the time Ares turned 1 my mom found a shirt at Urban Outfitters she just had to get me. A mint green fitted tee with little Boston Terriers all over it, um yes please. I get comments on it every time I wear it and I just think it’s too much fun.




I try to keep everything fair between the dogs so I found a website with a long sleeved t-shirt that read “Pit Bull Mom”. I ordered the size small but when I got it the fit was just not right. The sleeves a little too short to be full length but not short enough to be ¾ sleeved and the midsection is boxy on my frame. I wear it around the house and to sleep in but not out in public like I had hoped (because it looks like I borrowed it from a toddler).




So I’ve been on a mission for a while to find a Pit Bull shirt as equally adorable as my Boston Terrier tee. Nothing has really caught my attention until recently though. And now I’ve found 2 shirts I really like. Oh the dilemma.



I love everything about this sweatshirt I found on Etsy from the color to the screen print to the fact that the sleeves are rolled up in the picture. The price seems reasonable and I like to support the small business Etsy shop owners.




While that one is more playful, like my Boston Terrier shirt, this other one I’ve been eyeing really makes a statement. Literally. And here’s the best part, they make a dog version in plain colors to match with a zipper and everything.




Can you picture the boys and I all in our matching hoodies going for a walk? Now that would turn some heads. And hopefully make one hell of an impact.



I have a gray screen print boyfriend tank I got a couple summers ago from Target that is really cool. I mean a cat wearing sunglasses, c’mon on. So I represent both species of furbabies in my house. I guess my next quest will be to find something with turtles on it. And not the teenage mutant kind, although I am also completely for rocking anything with those guys on it. But I’d like to cover the bases with something more in line with the turtles I live with.




Chris is also down with wearing dogs on his beloved t-shirts, but in a less cutesy way than me. Another thing that is probably for the best. My sister got Chris one of the most fitting shirts ever for Christmas and it pretty much sums up his general perspective.




It would be hilarious to find a kitty t-shirt that reversed the message for Miss Piper, although I am quite sure she would protest wearing it. She’s very pleased with her own natural beauty. I tend to agree.




As for Little O, he just does his own thing. I’d be tickled to get him a “Like A Boss” shirt. Do they make those for kitties? I guess I’m off to find out.




Guess what day it is? HUMP DAY!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10