Shop My Instagram

Monday, January 12, 2015

Sleepy Sunday: 1-11-15

You know those weekends when you don' t actually have anything planned but end up doing  a whole bunch of stuff anyway? Well this weekend definitely turned out like that. 


Saturday morning was cold. 5 degrees cold. So I fed all the furbabies and made myself some oatmeal. I love bananas and peanut butter in my oatmeal because it's healthy, filling and tastes delicious! As a true peanut butter lover I'm always trying to find a way to sneak it into my meal. 

Chris got up as I was getting ready to workout and (finally) took our Christmas tree that had been sitting out on the back patio for a week out to his dad's house to burn. SOMEBODY forgot to drain the water from the stand before putting it outside and with temperatures in the negative during the week, you can bet that water turned into a block of ice. 

We are early Spring cleaning around here so I scrubbed the master bathroom until it sparkled and felt pretty good about myself. Alright, it wasn't really sparkling but it should have been with all the work I put into it. And then it was time for a walk.


I'm not sure what the temperature was exactly when we went on our afternoon walk but the sun was out and I know we were in the double digits at least. We bundled the dogs up in their hoodies, coats and snoods and I rocked my new Sorel snow boots for the first time.

As you can see, there wasn't actually snow on the ground, nor was it expected to snow, the boots are just amazingly warm and I really wanted to wear them. Sue me. 

After we dropped the boys off at home for a nap Chris and I hit up the grocery store. My dad had surgery last week so I wanted to make him some awesome homemade chicken noodle soup. The only thing was that I had never made chicken noodle soup before. Unless you count Campbell's from the can.


I had looked up a recipe before we went to the store and got some of the ingredients and then decided to delete some things and add some better things in place and kind of just wing it. The evening was filled with soup making, turtle doctoring, (JW has a little shell infection) football watching and beer drinking.


Sunday morning after pancakes Chris and I headed out to finish our wedding registry. He thought I was nuts for making him go to Bed, Bath & Beyond to head test pillows but then he quickly realized how important is it. Having the wrong pillow is like trying to sleep upside down. You'll just never get comfortable. 



We popped over to my parent's house in the afternoon to drop off my soup masterpiece and visit for a little while. Luckily, it ended up turning out pretty damn good. I wouldn't know it first hand though because I didn't try it since I don't eat meat. But if it tasted as good as it smelled, I did a hell of a job. And my dad liked it so that's what counts. 
It was nice to slow down for a minute before coming home and doing a million things around our place. 

The weekend ended with Snappy Tomato calzones, beer, more football and some cuddling of course. I love that we were able to get so much done but still do a little relaxing and spending time with family. 




How was your weekend?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10