Shop My Instagram

Monday, January 19, 2015

Sleepy Sunday 1-18-15: Meet Elliott & Chickenless Noodle Soup



Is it just me or did the weekend fly by in the blink of an eye? We had a lot going on in our world so maybe that’s why 2 ½ days when by at lightning speed. It all started Friday evening after work.



I came home and took Ares out for a walk. Chaos was on house arrest until his infection was further cleared. We walk down a busy main road right at rush hour so we see all the people sitting in traffic trying to get home. All of a sudden I saw this car zooming straight for a line of cars stopped at a busy intersection. And then I heard the cashes. That’s plural because there were several cars involved. Immediately other people were getting out of their cars to check on the victims but no one seemed to be too badly injured. Ares and I stayed on the sidewalk but hung around to make sure there wasn’t something we could do. All the emergency crews showed up quickly and we were waved on so we continued on our way. I just couldn’t believe how fast it all happened. It’s just a huge reminder to always pay attention, even if you’ve got a ton of things on your mind.

When Ares and I got home and it was dinner time. I made myself a power bowl (green beans, tomatoes, crushed whole grain crackers, hemp hearts, tahini & Daiya vegan cheese) with apples and peanut butter on the side and sat down to dig in. Chaos was scratching so I allowed him couch privileges because when he’s on the couch he savors every second of it so he lays still and won’t scratch. He snuggled his big head up next to my leg and I proceeded to take a big bite of my dinner. And then he promptly emptied his stomach on the couch and floor right next to me.



I’ll spare the gritty details but let’s just say it took me quite a while to clean up the mess and get rid of the smell. And I pretty much lost my appetite so I just gave Chaos a bath and promised myself a big breakfast in the morning. Luckily he seemed fine the rest of the night and we all went to bed early.

Saturday we started off the day cleaning. I know, exciting stuff. Chris has an older Jeep we want to sell so he went out to get it in order to take pictures and have it sale ready. I hit the master bedroom for some serious spring cleaning. I realize it’s still very much winter but with the wedding coming up, we are going to be far too busy when spring rolls around so we are starting early. Chris pulled all the furniture out for me and I got to work wiping down the walls and baseboards with my handy magic eraser. I was only a third of the way done when I took a break to switch over the laundry and made the mistake of leaving the magic eraser unattended. By the time I came back it was already in pieces and there were 2 guilty faces looking up at me. So I had to move onto a good old rag and spray bottle.



After some intense vacuuming, attachments and all (which I HATE), the room was finished and really I was surprised it wasn’t all that dirty to begin with. The sun was out so we gathered the dogs up for a family walk. It was windy but warm for January so our 3.5 mile loop was a nice way to spend the early afternoon.


When we got back we had a package at our door and opened it to find Elliott, the adorable Crane humidifier shaped like an elephant we had ordered for Chaos. It’s just as cute as I had hoped and Chris put it together and filled it up right away. We plugged it in and let the boys check it out in the back room in front of their crates. I was taking pictures but I wish I would have been videoing because their reactions were hysterical. At first they were confused because they could feel the vapor but not see it. It was new so Ares was interested but for all of about 2 minutes and then he was over it. Chaos decided pretty quickly Elliott was his friend and nuzzled him and then stuck his nose right in the vapor stream and took a deep breath. Chris and I were dying. But the funniest was when Little O walked in to see what all the hype was about and immediately stuck his head in the stream. He was purring and the fur on his face was blowing back just slightly and he was just loving it so much. We probably could’ve watched that all afternoon but Chris and I had errands to run.


The boys went to their beds for a nap with Elliot vaporizing away and Chris and I headed out. We saw a service dog in the checkout line buying groceries and I wanted so badly to pet him but I know you can’t approach them when they’re working. I did get to pet the 4 month old Jack Russell puppy we saw at the pet store though. 



When we made it back home I decided we needed some homemade pizza so I poured myself a glass of wine and got to work on that. It turned out almost as good as the snuggling on the couch was. We ended the night looking at wedding décor and watching one of our favorite shows, The Incredible Dr. Pol.

 
 


Sunday morning I made myself work out and then made some homemade soup. I actually made it the same way I made the chicken noodle soup last weekend but made it vegetarian so I could eat it this time. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Chickenless Noddle Soup. I ate some later on for dinner with mini grilled cheeses. Yum!



Chickenless Noodle Soup

3 Tbsp olive oil
10 cups Vegetable Broth
5 carrrots, peeled and chopped
4 Celery stalks, halfed and chopped
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
10 oz. noodles
Sea Salt
Black Pepper
Red Pepper
Basil
Thyme
Cumin
Garlic Powder

In a large pot heat the olive oil and add the veggies, garlic, salt, black pepper, thyme and basil. Cook for 10 minutes on medium/high heat. Add the broth and bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat and add noodles, red pepper, cumin and garlic powder. Simmer for 8 minutes and you're done!



A friend of mine graduated in December so her family had a party for her yesterday afternoon. I went out to celebrate with her and a few other friends and then headed to my parent’s house for a little while. My dad is doing great since his surgery and was back to his old self, yelling at the TV while watching the Packers v. Seahawks game. Chris stayed home to clean the turtle tank. It’s one of his favorite things to do. Just kidding.



Ares and Chaos watched TV (they love CMT), played with their toys and lounged around the house all day. Sunday is always sleepy if they have anything to say about it. And I can’t get enough of their sleepy little faces.



Have a great week!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10