Shop My Instagram

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Moving on is Bittersweet



After making one last trip to the condo to check that everything had been taken to the house, Kristina asked me if I was sad to leave. I said that I was but not anymore and that’s the truth. After the first deal fell through on the sale of the condo and the home we thought we would move into disappeared from our grasp, we didn’t have all our eggs in the basket this time around. We were cautiously excited when the offer came through on the condo and then relieved to find another home we wanted to purchase and very happy when our offer was accepted. But because we knew it could all go away any minute, the idea that we were really going to leave our first home together didn’t sink in right away.


When we made it down to the final 2 weeks without even so much as a hiccup in the process, then it hit me. My condo was the first home I purchased for myself. It was the first home Chris and lived in together and as a married couple. It was the only home that Ares, Chaos and Little O had known. We made some pretty great memories over the 3+ years we were there and looking back on them, I did get a little sad to leave. But by the time moving day came around, it was all excitement about the new home and all the new memories to be made.


The last few weeks in our first home were spent having last snuggles on the couch, lasts baths in the tub, last walks on our route, last lounges in the bedroom and last moments just being together there. I think it’s always a little bittersweet when you close one good chapter of your life and move onto the next. But change is what keeps life interesting, what keeps us young at heart and what keeps us learning about ourselves. So we begin this new phase with open arms and happy hearts.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10