Shop My Instagram

Monday, November 2, 2015

Halloween 2015


Ugh, it’s Monday. But I hope you all had a very sweet Halloween! Chris and I don’t get many trick-or-treaters in our complex so we headed over to my parents’ house Saturday night where there were lots of little monsters running around. We chatted with the neighbors, hung out by the fire pits and passed out candy to the little ones. The little girls dressed as teenage mutant ninja turtles were my favorite because I was a diehard TMNT fan as a kid. I was lame and just wore ears and Chris’s shirt was glow in the dark. We had a lot of fun though.
Remember how I said Halloween is a big deal at work? Well this was an 80’s theme so my department teamed up with the 2 other departments in our area and we turned it into an arcade. Chris and I spent Thursday tracing and cutting out signs on poster board then spray painting them with glow in the dark paint for props. We divided into 3 groups and dressed as characters from a few 80’s video games. The group I was in did the original Donkey Kong and I was the princess. I was completely unfamiliar with the game but there are ladders in it so we had the office maintenance man get us a couple to borrow. It’s a good thing I only had to sit on the ladder for a short time because I am not the least bit graceful. It was all worth it because we took home the coveted trophy for best group!!!


I think next year we will have everyone over to the new house for Halloween and let the pups participate. Their weekend was full of cold morning walks, snoozing and playing with their toys. Little O decided to be a snuggle bug Sunday morning but I suspect he had an ulterior motive, aka snag some crumbs from our morning donuts.


Happy November peeps!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10