Shop My Instagram

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Baby Wearing


When I used to think about baby wearing the backpack or pouch type carriers were what I pictured. But when I got pregnant I was quickly introduced to the world of baby wraps. I received a Solly Baby Wrap as a gift and when I opened the box I couldn't believe how soft it was! If I wanted to wrap myself up in it, I was sure my baby would love it too. 

Babies know only the warmth and comfort of growing inside mom for so long. It's easy to understand why they still want to be held close when they are forced out into the world. Don't get me wrong, I love, love, love holding my baby girl in my arms. Sometimes I just don't want to put her down. But in the real world I live in, shit has to get done and it's a hell of a lot easier and faster when I have 2 hands. Baby wearing to the rescue. 

I love that wearing Fallon in my wrap allows me to do the things I need to do and makes her feel safe and secure. She will often cat nap while I clean or just watch what I'm doing and stay content. I've taken walks wearing her and recently walked around a festival with her nestled against me. I was conveniently able to drink a beer and shovel a giant pretzel into my mouth. It was very lady like I'm sure. 

I enjoy being able to have my baby close and get in bonding and snuggle time while multitasking. It also doesn't hurt that carrying around 11+ extra pounds is burning more calories! Sometimes I even do a little workout while wearing her. It's really a win, win situation and I am so glad these wraps exist!

As long as baby wearing works out, you will probably find me doing it. If you follow me on SnapChat you've seen the telltale stripes or maybe that fuzzy little head peaking into the shot. I might have spit up or baby drool all over my shirt but if I have a happy baby and clean bathrooms it's the least of my concerns. Baby wearing saves me from ripping out my hair over a dirty house, Fallon from having meltdowns and Chris from dealing with a whole bunch more crazy. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10