Shop My Instagram

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Newborn Necessitites

Newborn Necessitites

I did a lot of research when I was pregnant with Fallon about all the things we would need for a baby. Not surprisingly the best advice came from other moms. My baby girl is 2 months old now and really no longer a newborn. Tear. So I feel like I am qualified to share the things that have helped make life easier for us over these past several weeks. 

I opted to, and thankfully have be able to breastfeed but Fallon gets a bottle of pumped milk from time to time. It's nice for her daddy to be able to have that bonding time with her and gives me the freedom to step out on occasion. I registered for a few of several different brands of bottles after hearing many babies are partial to a particular type and sometimes will not take anything else. It turns out Fallon could care less and will take any bottle. But after using 4 different brands, Tommee Tippee is our favorite. They are super easy to clean and Fallon's strong suck and latch doesn't crush the nipple. It's also really nice that they are small and compact to fit right in the side pocket of my diaper bag. 

Unless you are exclusively breastfeeding, you are going to be washing bottles and pump parts if you are pumping. The Boon Drying Rack is both adorable and functional. It doesn't take up a lot of counter space but can hold pretty many bottle and pump parts if you also get some of the adorable accessories. I love that it's not at all an eyesore on my counter and isn't for bottles only. It works just as well for drying wine glasses.  I mean I'm just guessing. Wink wink.

We decided before Fallon was born that the baby would sleep in our room for the first few months. I had heard many moms singing the praises of the Fisher Price Rock and Play Sleeper so we registered for one. Fallon sleeps in it every night next to our bed. I just reach over and scoop her up when she wakes to nurse at night it and doesn't take up a lot of floor space. The gentle rocking motion helps lull Fallon back to sleep after nighttime feedings and there are also sound options for nap time (on the rare occasion). She does not like to sleep in silence so it's very helpful to use instead of bringing in the sound machine. The other wonderful feature is that is folds down for easy portability. 

Baby blankets are a dime a dozen and we probably have a dozen. They are each great for different reasons but I'm talking specifically about muslin swaddle blankets. I love that the fabric is so soft and breathable and they are the perfect size to make a baby burrito. We lay Fallon on them to play if we are out, cover her toes in the carseat or the stroller and I've used them as a nursing cover as well. There are many brands to choose from but we love Little Unicorn and Aden + Anais the most. 

The 4moms mamaRoo is a pretty nifty invention for babies. I have yet to hear a bad review and we certainly give it 5 stars. Fallon loves to be in motion, all day everyday. This thing has 5 different motion and music settings or you can plug in your phone to jam to your own tunes. Fallon also really likes looking up at the mobile now and we sometimes also hang toys from it for extra fun. It easily fits in a corner and isn't too heavy to move around. Chris and I wish they made them for adults!

When we first brought Fallon home we were all still getting the hang of things. Avent Soothies made it much easier to help her to learn to suck on a pacifier. They seemed so big in our newborn's mouth but the hollow center that allowed for a finger to keep the pacifier in and stimulate continuos sucking was so helpful. She's got it down now and will take other types of pacifiers but she does seem to like the Soothies best. 

The first time Fallon had diaper rash I felt so bad for her. I can only imagine how uncomfortable that would be. I had registered for and received Baby Pibu Bottom Balm and used it immediately. This stuff rocks. It's a pretty thick cream and you need to use so little that our jar barely has a dent in it after 2 months of use. Fallon seems pretty prone to irritation so we now go ahead and use this diaper cream nearly every time we change her. It clears up any hint of redness in a snap and it's all natural.

My Solly Baby Wrap is my ultimate secret weapon for keeping my house from turning into a filthy war zone. Since Fallon sleeps so little during the day and can only be entertained with toys and play gyms for so long, this wrap saves the day just about every day. Baby wearing allows me to get things done hands free and Fallon to relax and hang out or sometimes cat nap. I love that we can bond while being productive and the closeness makes us both happy. I particularly love this wrap because it's so soft and I can throw it right in with my laundry when it needs a wash. It's easy to tie on and I can adjust it specifically for me plus it comes in all kinds of adorable colors and patterns.

I would love to know what your favorites are mamas!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10