Shop My Instagram

Friday, September 23, 2016

Friday I'm in Love


Happy first Friday of fall y'all! Decorations are up, pantry is stocked with pumpkin and apple flavored things, fall candles are burning and PSLs are on the breakfast menu. The only problem is Mother Nature hasn't received the message yet here in NKY and we are still baking in 90 degree weather. C'mon fall, my blanket scarves and boots are calling my name! I realize it's been a LONG time since I did a Friday favorites post so while the weather is a total bummer, let's focus on the positives.


Can we talk about how awesome these shoes are?! First of all, I scored them for 20% off with free shipping. Sperry quality and style at a discount, SCORE. They fit true to size and are really comfy plus they go with everything. I'm not kidding, I've worn them every day for the past week. It's the perfect way to add a little spice to the jeans + tshirt uniform I'm sporting these days. 

Speaking of jeans, I might just have a new favorite pair. So I don't know about you but back in high school, which was 10+ years ago for me, Abercrombie & Fitch was it. All the cool kids wore their graphic tees and jeans and I was pretty sure I was one of them. I was also pretty sure I knew everything. Sorry mom! But I grew up and left A & F behind along with my know it all attitude so I was pretty excited to find out that the brand actually grew up too! You will still find that cool, casual west coast vibe all of us who rocked the clothes in high school know and love. But A & F has something for us now young professionals, parents and stylish 20-30 somethings. I am absolutely in love with these distressed skinny jeans for several reason. The rips are in all the right places, they have definite stretch without being too tight or loosening up too much with wear. I was warned to size down because this particular pair runs large and they fit like a glove. Now that's a confidence booster for a mama with an 11 week old!

While I was out on a Target run last weekend I spied this rug that's been popping up all over my Instagram feed. In my cart it went and I am not sorry about jumping on this bandwagon. I can't wait to dress up my porch (okay it's really just a stoop) for fall around it. If you follow me on Instagram @hkpfeff523 you are sure to see it again. And again. You've been warned.

I've only been doing this mom thing with a human kid for a short while, but man it can be overwhelming. Parenting articles, social media and just our peers in general all say we should always do this, never do that and OMG you do what with your child?! Not to mention we are usually our own worst critics and constantly making ourselves feel guilty. So I absolutely loved this article my mom sent me and feel compelled to pass it along. Sometimes not giving a crap is just what the doctor ordered. 

I can pretty much always find something I like for myself at Old Navy but now I'm having all the heart eyes for their baby girl clothes. One of my favorite pieces of clothing in my closet is an army green utility jacket I got a few years ago. You better believe I snatched this one up for Fallon as soon as I saw it because OMG now we can match. I know, I know I will pay for this one day. 

Happy Friday loves!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10