Shop My Instagram

Monday, October 10, 2016

Fall Quinoa Salad

So I'm not very creative with my food and tend to eat the same meals over and over again. When I find something I like, it takes me a while to get sick of it. As a vegetarian I have to find ways to get enough protein from plant sources and it's especially important now that I'm breastfeeding. Quinoa is the only complete plant protein and I love that it's a such a versatile food. I always buy butternut squash when the temperatures begin to cool but sometimes have a hard time deciding how to eat it. So last Sunday I went ahead and roasted the one I had while making quinoa just to have for the week and had an aha moment. Mix them together. 



I cubed the squash and started pulling out other ingredients I had on hand. Of course my seasonal loving heart wanted to make it into a fall salad and luckily everything blended together really well. The end result is a an easy lunch or dinner full of nutrients that tastes great and fills me up. I don't measure anything but here's the list of what I threw together.

Quinoa
Butternut squash
Dried unsweetened cranberries
Sliced almonds, walnuts or pecans
Avocado
Sunflower seeds
Honeycrisp apple
Goat cheese
Cranberry Vinaigrette 

Enjoy!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10