Shop My Instagram

Monday, July 3, 2017

4th Of July Pie

Every year for the past several years I've made this sweet summer treat we call 4th of July pie for its namesake holiday. It's a totally made up dessert that's quick + easy and can require ZERO baking. It's served cold but tastes just as great half melted in the summer heat and we cannot get enough of it. Last year I was 39.5 weeks pregnant and ate nearly the entire pie by myself. #noshame


Food photography is not my strong suit, clearly, but my hubby insisted I share this little recipe. The fruit colors make this dish perfect for all the patriotic summer celebrations but really you could use any toppings your little heart desires. So if your skills are lacking in the baking department, you need to throw something together for a party really fast or you just want a delicious pie to treat yo' self with, here you go!

Crust 
I make my own crust but you can certainly go the no bake route and buy a premade one. 

1.5 cups crushed graham crackers
5 tablespoons melted butter
1/3 cup cane sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix together and press into a 9 inch pie plate. Bake at 375 for 7/8 minutes. 

Filling

12 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup cane sugar
6 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Beat with a mixer until smooth.

If you made your own crust, let it cool for about 10-15 minutes. Then pour the filling over the crust in an even layer. Top with whipped cream and garnish with strawberries and blueberries. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour. 

Happy 4th fellow Americans!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10