Shop My Instagram

Monday, February 5, 2018

Mom Truth Monday

I will be the first one to admit that I don't have it all together. Not even close. I'm the person who gets ready to checkout at the grocery store then realizes the one thing I forgot and really need is on the other side of the store. I pay all my bills on time but can't remember to buy new toothbrushes. If I'm showered and my kid and I are dressed it's either because my husband is home or my house is a dirty mess. So although you won't see the evidence in my life in pictures, I'll just go ahead and tell you a few secrets.


I wash my hair once a week
I started washing it less in an effort to keep it healthier. Then I had a baby and quit my office job and it became a necessity. I have no special tricks, just lots of dry shampoo, top knots and hats. 

On average I sleep in my "clothes" 4-5 days a week. 
So basically I wear pajamas that pass for outfits most days, thank you fashion gods for making athleisure a thing. I would blame it on being pregnant but I really just love comfy clothes. 

I don't cook dinner.
5 nights a week it's just Fallon and me for dinner since Chris is sleeping before work. I'm exhausted by the time I would need to cook and Fallon screams + hangs on my legs nearly every time I try. I don't even like cooking so I don't bother picking this battle. Fallon eats whatever combination of decently healthy foods I can throw together quickly and I eat when she's in bed. 

I'm the anti-germaphobe.
I care very much about my family's health + wellness and am responsible during flu season, but in general germs don't concern me. Fallon has eaten questionable things off the floors, licked the table at a restaurant and put her dirty mall play place fingers in her mouth before I think to wipe them #becuaseteething. None of it raises my blood pressure in the slightest. 

I bribe my kid.
I think most of us will admit to this one but I may do it too often. And always with food. Cake pops to sit nicely in the cart at Target. Candy for cute photos. Cinnamon bread so I can just freaking fold a load of laundry without 500 interruptions. Goldfish in the grocery check out so you won't start screaming? Sure! Fruit snacks over karate kicks during a diaper change? You bet. And of course you can have MORE teddy grahams in exchange for silence in the car. 

I'm nowhere near perfect and won't ever claim to be. But those dang pictures sure do hit the highlights, don't they? So just remember, you probably aren't doing at least one of these things so you're already one upping me!





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10