Shop My Instagram

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Bumpdate: 37 Weeks


I think this may be my final bumpdate of this pregnancy. Not because I think I'm about to go into labor but because I am 37+3 weeks and I just don't need another thing on my now almost finished to-do list! At my last doctor's appointment almost a week ago I was 3cm dilated and effacing and my weight gain had nearly reached a standstill (less than .5 a pound in 2 weeks). I was 36+5 and my doctor just told me to please wait until the 37 week mark. We've not surpassed that and while I've been having a lot of contractions this week, they haven't turned into anything. 

I'm at the point that I'm just ready. I'm extremely uncomfortable all the time, battling heartburn, back + hip pain, lots of pressure and bathroom trips and full on exhaustion every day all day. We've been working on home projects and just things we wanted to get accomplished before baby's arrival if possible. And of course spending time doing fun things with Fallon while she's still our only child. People keep telling me to relax and slow down to enjoy this time. But the truth is, the fast past we've been rolling at has been very fulfilling and oddly just what we needed before the massive slowdown that's about to happen. The adjustment period is going to be a doozy and there just won't be the time or energy or motivation to do a lot of the things we have been. And that's totally fine. I think we will be much more able to enjoy the big change when we don't have all these other things that we couldn't accomplish looming on the horizon. Of course this isn't the case for everyone but it's been good for us. 

I'm not sure if I have even given numbers on my weight gain this time but I'm up 24lbs. I gained more with Fallon but I was super swollen with her so I think that was part of it. And just for the record, I 100% do not have any feelings about this baby being a boy or a girl. I'd share if I did but I just don't feel a pull either way. And I'd like to think it's because I truly do want to be surprised. Bags are packed, plans are made, and now we just wait for baby!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10