Shop My Instagram

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Fallon's Toddler Room

When we decided it was time to update Fallon's room from nursery to toddler space, my initial thought was just to simplify. I had so much fun decorating her room the first go round but may have gotten a bit carried away with....stuff. So everything came down off the walls,  the old furniture went out and we switched up a few things. I still love the light gray paint color I originally chose so it was just freshened up. And I kept it low key with white, brushed gold and blush accents. I absolutely love how it all turned out and Fallon is the most pleased with her big girl room!



I wanted a white spindled bed but goodness the Jenny Lind ones are expensive! We went with this one while it was on sale and it's just perfect. Of course a twin bed meant no more crib sheets and opened up a whole world of bedding options. I jumped at the chance to work with Beddy's after seeing how amazing their sets looked in the homes of my friends! The Chic Gray is exactly the right amount of dark contrast with feminine ruffle details and you probably know by now polka dots speak to me. The comforter goes right over the mattress like a fitted sheet and stays in place then has a cozy top later that zips all the way around. It does not get any easier or convenient to make the bed and just zips right off to wash. And since Fallon is just as appreciative of pretty, snuggly blankets as her mama, she is loving the black and white spotted one we received with her new bedding. It will be so simple to teach her to make her own bed!

The rest of the room really just got a simple makeover. We switched out the curtains and rod, put her teepee in the corner when the rocker went to the nursery and left the bookshelves. The wire shelf I found last year at Hobby Lobby was really the whole inspiration for the room. Her metal hooks were spray painted to match and we found coordinating new hardware for her dresser that was just collecting dust at my parents' house. A little rearranging of baskets, books, a few decorative items and a new lamp + rug completed the space. No on is happier with the turn out than the girl who calls it her room. I linked as many sources as possible (or similar) below but please let me know if I missed anything!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10