Shop My Instagram

Friday, March 2, 2018

Nursery Theme with Lorena Canals

Stylish, natural, functional, washable. These aren't words that typically all describe an area rug. But those are exactly the first three words that come to mind when thinking of Lorena Canals. I learned of these magical rugs when I was pregnant with Fallon and had to have one for her nursery. We actually tested out the washable quality long before we imagined when something spilled while setting up her room. A sugary orange drink was spilled right on the pretty little pristine white stars on baby's brand new rug. Everyone sort of panicked until I said it's washable! The orange was long gone before Fallon was born and that rug still looks brand new. 

When I was thinking about a nursery theme for baby #2 I just couldn't quite come up with anything I loved that was gender neural. We've chosen not to learn the sex of our baby, like we did with Fallon, until he or she arrives. And then I was shopping for something else one day and it hit me. A bit of a minimalist, understated take on the classic jungle theme. Black + white with some pops of green. Yes, that was it. White walls with black accents would be perfect! So, you bet I was excited when Lorena Canals was kind enough to send us a gorgeous black berber rug with tassels that was exactly what I wanted. I love that they have options for any room in your home and that can transition from nursery to toddler room and beyond. 


The rug arrived just as we were finishing up painting and moving in the furniture. You can tell right away the quality level of these rugs when you feel the weight and material. When we rollout and positioned the rug it was clear this was THE rug for the room and really pulled all my ideas together. If we change things up when baby is little older, the rug could find a new home just about anywhere else in my house. It's so versatile, handmade with all natural dyes and VCO free. And I mean, how can you not love a pretty rug that's easy to run a vacuum over or throw right into your washer to clean?! As a mom to a toddle tornado with outstanding mess making abilities plus 3 dogs and 3 cats, these qualities in a rug are everything. I want a Lorena Canals rug for every room in my house!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10