Shop My Instagram

Monday, March 12, 2018

Hospital Bag Check List: Round 2


When I packed my hospital bag for Fallon's arrival I was pretty sure it looked like I was moving in. And I was totally fine with that. I've always been an over packer and I'd rather just have all my own stuff and wayyyyy too much of it than the alternative. It turns out, I never really got to find out if my bag held too much, too little or just enough. Many of you know that I actually only stayed at the hospital where I gave birth for about 6 hours postpartum. Fallon was transported a few hours after she was born to the nearby Children's hospital and my doctor discharged me early to be with her. I thankfully had no complications from giving birth and I guess she figured there was no better place to send me off to than another hospital. 

The thing is, once I walked out those birth hospital doors, I was no longer a patient. The NICU was a room in and of itself with a chair next to the giant pod with 10,000 things on it that was my baby's "bed". The bathroom, used by the entire floor, was at the other end of the hallway. If one was available you could sleep in a separate room on the special care floor with a bed my husband could barely fit into and a chair shoved up against it. Most of our stay was such a blur of shock, adrenaline and surreality that I can't even tell you what I used from my bag. 



So this time, I went back and read this post from first pregnancy to remember what I had even packed. As a mama with one birth under her belt and some breastfeeding experience,  I definitely have product preferences now. But really the list is almost the same. The biggest difference is time of year so I plan to wear leggings, joggers, a nursing bra/bralette or tank under a comfy cardi/nursing friendly top and a robe with....the fox slippers! I'll bring a gender neutral sleeper + hat, pacifier and cute swaddles for baby in my Fawn bag. But I'm hoping someone can bring a going home outfit depending on whether we have a little boy or a little girl. Hint, hint people. Gotta have my own blanket, pillow and towel + toiletries, makeup and oils! I linked everything on my list below including snacks, my trusty tumbler, nursing pillow and ya know, all the other not so fun stuff. 





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10