Shop My Instagram

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Hello Spring: March 2015



It doesn’t exactly feel like it today (we’re chilly at 45 degrees) but Spring is here. My love of themes makes me a teensy bit OCD on keeping things seasonal. So from my adult beverages to my sneakers it makes me happy if they correspond to Spring, even if it doesn’t actually feel like Spring. Of course because I’m the mama, the pups just have to go along with my craziness.

My friend Lisa has worn Converse Chuck Taylors since I met her nearly ten years ago. I swore up and down I never would. Well wouldn’t you know it but last year they came out with a lovely floral pair and they got me hook, line and sinker. Unfortunately they were a limited edition pair, but you might be able to find them somewhere out there on the web still. The Marley LillyDry Sport Pullover in this Springy color would match so nicely! I don’t own it but it’s exactly the kind of thing I would wear to walk the dogs while it’s still in between the winter thaw and higher temperatures. And let’s be honest, it’s monogrammed so what’s not to love?

A few months ago I stumbled onto the Hello Merch website and saw the gray floral print tee. This week I got a notification it had gone on sale (a super deal!) and luckily they still had my size so I ordered it right up.  I can just see myself rocking it with a nice cold Blue Moon First Peach Ale in my hand. If you like the fruity beers and haven’t tried this yet, do yourself a favor and go grab a six pack. Right now. The only other thing you’ll need to really put you in the Spring frame of mind is a Country Fresh smelling home. Pop one of the wax melts into your warmer and just wait for the smell of a country meadow to assault your nose (in the best possible way).

Spring means blooming flowers, green grass and leafy trees. It also means the bugs come back. Lots of ‘em. We keep Ares and Chaos protected from fleas, ticks and worms with Revolution. There is both a topical solution that’s super easy to apply and a small pill to accompany it. If you have trouble giving your dog a pill give Cheez-whiz a try. Just squirt a little on the pill and let him lick it off your finger. We’ve given the tip to many dog owners and so far it’s worked every time. But in our house the cheese is only for taking medicine. We like to keep their treats limited to the doggie variety and these Healthy Dogma Duck Barkers are on our list to try.

As the weather warms up we will be spending more time walking at our local parks and it definitely wouldn’t hurt to have new fun leashes. I love the gray and yellow combo from B.W. Barkery. When we walk in the winter I am always wearing a coat with pockets to hold essentials like treats, keys, my phone and poop bags. But when it’s warm enough to switch to tanks and tees I lose my pockets and my storage space. Last year I ordered PetSafe Treat Pouches for Chris and I and we have not been disappointed. The waist strap is adjustable and removable in case you just want to clip it to a belt. There are two compartments to the pouch, the main on that you can push open and it will stay open or keep it closed and the outside one that has Velcro. I keep treats in the main compartment and my phone, keys and bags in the outer compartment and it works out very nicely.

My boys love a good rope toy but the problem is that mighty jaws Chaos can destroy one in seconds. Something with a ball on the end like this Zanies one makes it better to withstand his bite and pull hard play style. Ares is much more into playing fetch than Chaos but if we get him excited enough about the toy he will join in. We just have to make sure he doesn’t run off with it and quickly tear it to shreds.

Are you a seasonal person like me? What’s on your list to break out again or try new for Spring?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10