Shop My Instagram

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Sleepy Sunday 3-01-15: Coffee Beans & Bean Boots



Our walking route follows a busy main road and you locals often wave or honk when you see us out while you’re driving. 95% of the time I will not wave back. And it’s not because I’m being rude, ignoring you or just a self-absorbed a-hole. It’s because I’m not paying attention. It might even appear that I’m looking right at you as you try to get my attention to no avail. But I’m not. I am usually very focused on making sure the dog or dogs I’m walking are staying where they are supposed to or completely lost in my own thoughts of what to eat for dinner, what to wear tomorrow or planning the weekend. Most recently I am far too busy trying to navigate the snow mountains and icy patches to worry about who is driving down the street. So I am sorry if you’ve waved or honked and have received no response or if you do in the future. This is completely the cliché case of “it’s not you, it’s me”. I just really felt the need to put that out there. So now that we have that covered, here’s a little recap of our always too short weekend.



 Saturday morning Chris finally sold his old Jeep but it took quite a while to do all the paperwork down at the courthouse. We stopped over at my parents’ house to go over some wedding details in the afternoon and get some honeymoon planning advice. I can’t believe it’s less than 3 months away! That evening we went out for dinner for my friend Lindsey’s birthday and I splurged on a beergarita. It took me forever to finish it but it was delicious! Good thing Chris was driving though because my goodness it was strong.



 Sunday morning there was a beautiful snowfall and my friend Kristina picked me up to go to the cutest little coffee shop. My Winterberry Mocha was delicious and so was my homemade raspberry jam and granola treat. We also picked up some goodies to gift a friend and chatted about the randomness of our lives these days.







L.L. Bean Boots are probably old news to a lot of you, and probably why mine have been on back order forever, but they finally came in and I was so excited to wear them. I wanted to be comfy and cozy for our snowy morning coffee date so I paired them with my chilly weather favorites: fleece leggings, a tunic sweater, my military jacket and plaid scarf. What a great way to start the day.



Women's Bean Boots / Cuddl Duds Fleece Leggings / Plaid Scarf / Tunic Top
Military Jacket (Fossil, last season)

 Chris and I did stuff around the house and some honeymoon planning in the afternoon and evening and caught up on our shows in between. I tried out a new healthy treat that turned out soooo good! Chris ate almost half of it he liked it so much. 




 Chocolate PB Oatmeal Bars



Ingredients



·       3 cups old fashioned oats

·       1 ½ cups brown sugar

·       5 cups almond milk (I used chocolate but you can use any flavor)

·       1 cup peanut butter

·       3 eggs, beaten

·       1 cup raisins

·       1 tbsp chia seeds

·       1 tbsp flax seeds

·       1 cup dark chocolate chips



Add the oats, brown sugar, milk, peanut butter and eggs to a large pan and simmer over medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring often. Remove the thickened mixture from heat and stir in the raisins and seeds. Pour it into a 9x13 pan and add the chocolate chips on top. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes and enjoy!



 The furbabies were all about Sleepy Sunday so they took full advantage, as usual. Ares often uses Chaos as his personal pillow pet, but he doesn’t seem to mind. Ares can walk on him, stand on him or even squish his face, but he will let noting ruin his Sunday couch time. At least poor Chaos got a break when Ares went to snuggle with his daddy.







 We are looking forward to the warmer, sunny weather this weekend is supposed to bring. Right now this week is looking like it’s going to be a roller coaster of craziness with temps in the 50s and then diving back down to the 20s and rain and snow mixed in. But that’s NKY for you.



 Have a great week!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10