Shop My Instagram

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Sleepy Sunday 3-15-15: Bakery, Baby & Basketball



We had a lot of rain on Friday and the gloom and doom continued into Saturday morning. I was up at 7 to Little O’s paws underneath the bedroom door meowing for breakfast. I fed the cats and forced myself to work out then ran up to the store to grab coffee. I happened to spot some festive sprinkled doughnuts and could not pass them up. It had been months since I ate a doughnut and they just looked so good. So my post workout breakfast was a chocolate doughnut and coffee and it was totally worth it. 
I’m pretty sure I walked it off anyway because the rain let up late morning and we took Ares and Chaos out for our loop. There ended up being a bit of a drizzle for about a mile but it wasn’t bad. We saw giant tires for the monster truck show and the boys were so amazed by them we just had to take a picture.


The dogs don’t have any special rain gear because we don’t walk if it’s truly raining. They don’t to be bothered by a very light drizzle, especially if we are already out and it starts. I, on the other hand, wear my rain boots and jacket if even looks like it might think about raining. Hunter brand boots might seem on the expensive side for rain gear, but they are totally worth it. I can guarantee your feet will stay completely dry. My Columbia rain jacket is also truly waterproof and the hood actually stays up while I walk. There are few things more irritating to me than walking home with wet hair. 

Sunday I celebrated the coming birth of my friend’s little girl at her baby shower. By now you probably know I went with a themed gift. My mom and I actually decided to go into together so part of the present was the adorable mobile from her registry and some children’s books. The other part was completely off registry and this is where the theme comes in. Baby girl is due this April (best month to be born in my opinion) so I thought it would be really fun to make her very first Easter basket filled with Spring goodies. I found the perfect personalized Easter basket on Etsy that also came with a sweet little bunny and ordered a monogrammed sippy cup along with it. Then the cutest baby bunny beanie stole my heart and I scooped that up too. Target, my go to store, had Spring themed pacifiers, an adorable romper and some little bows for the head of hair that has already been seen on the ultrasound. A few barnyard animals toys, pastel Easter eggs and grass from Kroger completed the basket.


Chris took Ares and Chaos to hang with Grandpa for a little bit while I was gone. It felt like a nice, sunny Spring day so they hit up the park too.


Piper took a front row seat for the SEC tournament and was very pleased that her blue Wildcat brothers pulled out the win. 

Ares and Chaos got manicures they were none too pleased about, but didn’t put up much of a fuss over.


 We look forward to getting back outside more often as the weather gets warmer!


Happy St. Patty’s!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10