Shop My Instagram

Friday, April 10, 2015

Bag Lady: Summer Totes

 Here's the deal. My very bad kitty chewed up the charger cord for my laptop. I know it was Little O because he has become notorious for destroying cords. What I don't know is why he did it. I would swear I left the bedroom door shut because I knew the cord was out and didn't want him to get a hold it. Anyway, Chris thinks he MIGHT be able to fix it but we've been really busy. I'm hesitant to buy a new one, since they are kind of pricey, if the current one can be salvaged so right now I'm a laptop down. While Little O just hangs out by the back door living the life of a stay at home cat, I'm impatiently waiting to have a computer back at home and trying to blog during my lunch break. I'll keep you all posted on the situation but I'd like to turn to happier things, like summer bags. 


I realize it's just now Spring, and feeling like it, but I am looking ahead to cold beers on summer nights, iced coffees and carrying a fabulous new bag around on my arm. Usually I am by far and away a shoe girl as opposed to a bag lady but I like a fun new tote every now and then. I generally have a hard time finding purses I like but this year the designers must have had a girl like me in mind. After perusing just 2 websites I came up with 9 bags that I absolutely love and would go for any one of them. 

You all know by now about my love of monograms and have seen Marley Lilly items pop up from time to time so it's no surprise to you that half the bags on here are from that very site. Stripes are my favorite pattern, clearly, but I especially love colorful stripes for summertime. All the ML totes are completely affordable and if you are a monogram maniac like myself, you should head on over there to check out more of their styles. I could see myself carrying any of the three striped choices around with me this summer with ice cream in my other hand and the tan scalloped purse is the perfect accessory for any outfit. 

The Dillards picks are pricier, and ones that I might never pay that much for, but you can't blame a girl for lusting after them! The MK zebra bag with the tassels is just too cute and the Dooney & Bourke chevron purse screams summertime. The gray, black and white striped and silver totes are all so versatile they could be used in any season but I feel like summer is the best month to show off a bag. You wear less clothes so it's easier to focus on the accessories! 


Anyone else have popsicles, flip flops and fireworks on the brain?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10